Gear upgrade cost - middle-ground request

Agreed, and yeah, my other characters are just being leveled for the 40k bronze from the quests and the Ensembles.

Shelving/deleting them afterwards, since gearing a 70 is grueling work.

2 Likes

They will never reduce costs

However… increasing income is way more likely to get a response.

A 50% cost reduction is functionally the same as doubling income.

2 Likes

Yes, this very much needs to be account wide. I’ve been upgrading the gear on my main but it’s a slog.

No way I’d even consider spending bronze on gear upgrades for an alt.

6 Likes

I agree with the account wide idea. I get why capes cant be account wide. A lvl 20 with a 50k stam cloak would just be… well, i think we all know how that would go with how insane level 20s already are

3 Likes

Was this mentioned by a blue or just random forum posters?

“Looking forward, we want you to know that we do not plan to change the Bronze cost of upgrading gear.”

4 Likes

I am good with no.

I would abuse the crap out alt slots being tied to my main. It would take me at most a few hours to upgrade alts. I would then abuse this to farm mythic SoO on multiple characters for bronze. This is exactly what would happen. Many people would do exactly what I just said. I do mythic SoO as a daily. It’s fast easy bronze with all 476s.

Ah, that sucks.

I feel like they’re desperately trying to bait people into it by putting large amounts of bronze into content you can’t queue for.

That to me seems like it’s also unlikely that they’ll add higher bronze gains elsewhere since the entire thing seems setup to try to “encourage” players to get back into more organized raiding. Maybe towards the very end, but people just after cosmetics will just get them all leveling alts by then.

This event has been exceptionally good for pug raiding. It takes minutes to get groups to do the heroics. This is good for the game.

2 Likes

The mode being a social experiment to try to get people into content they clearly don’t want to do in large numbers in the main game seemed apparent from the start when they started talking about bronze mostly coming from raiding.

I think in the end their data will show that while they managed to bait some people into it, the majority of players probably still took a pass and most of the ones who did it only did so because they were able to be carried by froggers or were themselves froggers (or other now-nerfed farms). Nobody actually wanted to do difficult organized larger group content. They only do it if they can trivialize it with the remix power farm (a farm that is now longer for anyone that didn’t already do it).

2 Likes

What this does not say, is we do not have plans to increase income.

Which is why I keep saying, demand more bronze

More bronze is the same as a cost cut!!!

Yeah I agree with this.

I have absolutely NO desire to go back to difficult raiding. LFR or nothing.

1 Like

I would be fine with the gear being reduced for characters on your own account. That seems normal just like with Flightstones. I don’t want it to be just reduced for everyone though so I like that Blizzard decided to say they won’t. I saved up over 300k Bronze before I decided to finally upgrade the gear since I wanted to tackle higher difficulty in the raids. I would only be fine with them reducing the cost if they refunded those of us that spent the bronze the difference. That way it isn’t a waste for us that did upgrade our gear the bronze lost.

I didn’t frog farm or any of those places. All mine came from doing circles in the zones killing rares while I waited on the queues for the LFRs that I was doing every single one of them every day along with all dungeon and scenario dailies as well as the different factions dailies every day.

I would wager the metrics for this event are better than s2,s3 and s4 engagement. I would wager large on that. It’s a rather fun event, and I would say other than for a collection of people who whine about every thing, it has something for everyone. Wait correction it even satisfies whiners because they have something to whine about. Everyone wins

I need close to 2,000,000 bronze just for collectables, adding in an extra 560,000 schalar per character isn’t a very nice thing to do in an event all about leveling alts for TWW

All the collectibles if you had no mop gear transmog (impossible to have none of them), no mounts, and no toys(a lot of the most expensive toys are dropping a lot in Remix I’ve gotten 4 Kilns and those are 50k.) is only 1.6mil for every single thing that is purchasable in Remix. Check the MoP Remix Checklist.

To get every mount the main thing people are wanting is 524k. Getting all toys is 261k. All class Ensembles is 91k.(can just do the achievements instead and costs nothing) All the armor transmogs can be farmed on retail. The Heirlooms are the only ones you can’t and there are 12 of them for 96k. That total is 972k. There I just saved you over 1million bronze.

You don’t have to level your gear if you don’t want to. Leveling gear has nothing to do with gear. If what you are wanting to do is “all about leveling alts” then gear shouldn’t matter to you and you shouldn’t be complaining about gear prices.

On my first character leveling up I gained 60k bronze from going 10 to 70. Then I got the 40k free bronze so that’s 100k for the first character. 2nd character and beyond will probably be 30k since the 100% xp boost and then the 40k free bronze for 70k per character. If you just want to level characters you can level a character in 1-2 days for 70k bronze every 1-2 days. Means it would take you 14 leveling characters at 70k bronze per fresh character to get the 972k Bronze without doing anything else after they hit 70. Level all the alts. Get all the stuff.

There are raid exclusive tints, and there is exclusive stuff, and they haven’t even added the blingtron 40000 yet

Wowhead has a list of MoP Remix Exclusive items. The “Exclusive Tints” getting every single one of them is only 28,750 bronze. There are 18 of them. 13 at 1250 each, 5 at 2,500 each.

You forgot the class ensembles, which are exclusive and several other things.