Gear tied to a players rating strawpoll

I have like 20-30% verse with mostly PvE gear. It’s entirely doable right now. Wont be in 9.1

1 Like

Not me I have like 7% LOL

If you farm enough high level PvE gear the versatility is there. He sure doesn’t have “20-30%” on that character.

Are you saying you have this range on multiple characters, or that you don’t remember exactly what you have on your main?

This toon is 218 with only 7% vers?

My hunter is a different story he is 207 with 14% vers.

He is posting on a character whose armory shows a level 59 with 3% versatility while claiming that it’s easy to get 20-30% versatility right now in PvE content. It would be interesting to see links to those characters, eh?

1 Like

WoD and MoP were versions of this same mmorpg.

I did.

3 Likes

I didn’t remember because I hadn’t even logged on retail since the atrocious venruki interview answers and tbc release. Just the one shaman because I barely played before, just my 4ish keys a week to get two options out of the vault. It’s 75% PvE gear and I’ll sub out a few lower ilvl PvP items with verse if I do bgs. In PvP I have a 215 ilvl with 24% verse. All my best items are PvE items by far because I could care less about rated PvP with the current system. You just have to pick items out of the vault that have verse instead of your bis PvE stats.

That’s with playing like a month or two of SL. If I had played longer I’m sure I’d have more PvE items with verse. The vault is another reason the game is unfriendly towards alts/or new players. Kinda wish they’d get rid of it honestly.

The irony of saying this on a lvl 10 alt :roll_eyes: I’ve posted on the forums on my dwarf shaman a few times. He sits in his PvE gear because that’s what my guild does most of the time. Even in PvE gear I sit at 15% verse.

1 Like

You got lucky with those chests. Some people did. A lot of people didn’t.

Feel free to inspect my gear.

I did get lucky. Still though I only played for like a month doing high keys. If I had played all season doing high keys? I guarantee you it would be much higher. If you do at least 4 dungeons so you always have two choices. The luck needed is minimal.

Regardless. Next season they’re nerfing everything stupidly. So who cares! Tbc ftw lol

No. A lot of people have indeed played through the season and don’t have what you have. In all likelihood your luck would have evened out over time.

My DK also has decent verse. I’ve played him less than a month so his ilvl is lower and I’ve only had like 2 decent ilvl vault weeks. I just prioritize verse instead of haste mastery because I enjoy dabbling in random BG’s.

If you do enough for 2 choices in your vault, prioritize verse and played all season you would 100% be well off verse wise from PvE gear. Luck or no luck.

Again, who cares? It’s getting nerfed in 9.1

You’re getting some flack right now BUT… If you are Necrolord and you get that covenant gear with some Vers rings and neck you can break 20% versatility in PvE gear. The problem is with many classes/specs you get a DPS loss by choosing Necro.

My warlock is Necro, but on my hunter? Flayed Shot is just so strong AND it’s on a short cooldown. My druids? NF and Kyrian all day, choosing Necrolord would sacrifice a lot of burst. Divine Toll is insanely strong for Ret. Also worth noting that my Ret performs very well in PvP despite only having 10% vers.

That dude is beyond clueless about his game.
PVP is pvp not pve so stop making us do renown and campaign pve for gear. - ME

3 Likes

I am necro lord but I’m not rocking any necrolord gear anymore. All 226/223 PvE gear with a few items of base unupgraded conquest gear. I think one trinket I’d maxed out honor one.

I find 215 ilvl with 24% verse very reasonable in random BG’s. 200 ilvl with less stats, both verse and otherwise, felt pretty bad on alts. Kinda the reason I played even less of my DK.

1 Like

It is easy. Do the Necrolord campaign and upgrade the gear to 197, instant 20% vers.

just lol at wanting pvp to be skill based.

only losers and geeks want skill based pvp.

real alpha chads want gear based pvp.

1 Like

So should people who do mythic raiding have the same gear power level as normal and looking for raid players?

pve is pve. u sign up for a mythic raid u know exactly what to expect.

pvp is pvp. u join a random BG and u have no idea how good or bad your enemies are.

9 Likes

Why are you comparing a cooperative game mode to a competitive game mode? Two completely different game modes.

6 Likes

Gear progression is apart of what an mmo is and pvp is a sub game mode in the mmo, gear progression is good for the game. Glad blizzard agrees and aren’t changing it in 9.1