Gear tied to a players rating strawpoll

I do not have the time, patience, or the want to to do rated battlegrounds or arenas. At the start of this expansion I had a lot of family and friends to help get my rating up there, but it was still not fun.

Now you want us to do this every week to stay competitive, you are starting to take the fun out of playing wow.

35 Likes

if u dont put in the time u dont deserve to have a fair playing field.

its an mmorpg. if u dont like it leave

etc

Summary

not srs btw

11 Likes

I am fine with putting in the time, and I’m also fine with people that does rated battlegrounds or arenas get their gear quicker. At some point, the ones that dose casual BG.s should also be able to get there.

48 Likes

Requiring rank to be on an even playing field in content where the point is determining skill is sort of backward logic, IMO. I mean, it doesn’t make the game unplayable–if you’re good, or lucky you still get your gear, etc. but for people who don’t do rated at all but like to do PVP it’s a pretty trash system.

41 Likes

Putting in time isnt the problem. Getting passed all the carrys to get better rating is. Its a stupid system and needs ot be removed.

Based on your attitude raiders that buy carries for gear dont deserve the gear. Same for M+ dungeons.

11 Likes

u missed a part of my post.

im not srs, i dont think that way. i think rating locked gear is stupid as hell boy

8 Likes

show me which law says that all RPGs must have ilvl progression.

3 Likes

It’s in the Geneva Convention, look it up! Gosh!

Gear progression is one of the “main underpinnings” of an RPG - Holinka

1 Like

This take is dumb. I’ll gladly do it if I enjoy what I am doing. What Blizzard doesn’t seem to understand is that the majority of their playerbase likes either PVE or PVP. The small minority likes both. Why are they trying to force overlap between the two sides? Just let it be, it’s how your customers are. People play the game for different satisfaction and reasons.

They need 2 different gear sets, and for none of the items to be viable in the other domain. PVP gear not viable in PVE. PVE not viable in PVP.

9 Likes

Which is why MMORPG’s that are faithful to this suck for PvP. First come gets locked into position, meanwhile the more time passes the harder it gets to advance, and the more people realize there’s no point in even trying.

This expansion appears to be the one where they’re going to stick with this model to see if it turns around at some point. Because surely if it’s good for PvE, it’ll be good for PvP!

And so participation will continue to fall. The people who used to subscribe to queue for random bgs because they found them entertaining, actually the majority of PvPers, will be moving out.

14 Likes

Maybe you will get your wish in 2026 when they bring out Legion Classic.

5 Likes

Badly balanced templates weighted to strongly favor those with the best PvE gear really aren’t the only possible alternatives to rating locked PvP gear.

1 Like

more like 2030 broski.

2 years between classic xpacs and we still have wotlk, cata, mop, and wod… then legion =P

Casual players get casual rewards I guess :no_mouth:

1 Like

nah, casual players will all quit, collapsing the rest of the pvp community with them. and don’t act like you are putting hard work into wow because nothing in wow is hard work. go get a job in roofing if you want to know what hard work is.

100 hours of time spent pvping should put two players on equal ground no matter what type of pvp they do.

30 Likes

Yeah wow isn’t hard work. So why not get 220 gear from RBGs/arena quick and que random bgs the rest of the season? Literally takes a week or two of grinding

because im more of a carpenter than a welder.

4 Likes

PvE gear isn’t viable in PvP, once I hit 1548 no one would take me because my PvE gear lacked versatility.