Gear-scaling in arena

Just figured I would be vocal with my opinion on gear-scaling in arena. I really don't think it has a place in arenas, as a players we grind countless hours to gear up and with gear-scaling in arena it feels that the time has been wasted away. Why would a PvP focused player ever gear their character to a high point if gear-scaling in arena exists. This also promotes the PvP focused players to reroll FOTM comps and when gear doesn't come into play it does not feel like a balanced pvp experienced. Suppose I may just miss how arena was in WoTLK or Cata. *not looking for attention posting this, just posting my opinion*
3 Likes
Until we get vendors, scaling or templates are needed. When we get vendors, where we can target our pieces we can probably say we have no need for it. They also need to bring back a set bonus for wearing 2 piece pvp trinkets too, well set bonuses in general.

Just need to make sure pvp gear is bis for pvp, because getting rolled by idiotic pve gear is not fun at all.
3 Likes
Without resilience AND with PvE trinkets it sure as !@#$ has a place.

Imo, gear scaling was meant to make it fair fornother players. But it makes it even that much nore unfair for those of us that grind gear.

So what im saying is i agree with you 100%!

Not to mention these guys that have the gear scoring figured out and take full advantage of it. I have read they go for 300 to 310 gear.

I’ve seen guys with 90k heath just rip apart teams

1 Like

whoa whoa hold on theres gear scaling in arenas? Please someone explain or point me to an article i legit didnt know this

Go to youtube and search for “gear scaling BfA pvp”

Saw an enh shaman on the ladder like 3k cr that was wearing a bunch of old gear with multiple sockets and +30 versa gems. I guess he forgot to swap back when he logged out :smile:

Dis dude: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/thaurissan/Lee

Lmfao imagine being so bad that you want your gear to win you games instead of GITTING GUD

More like its completely pointless to earn gear pvping if everything is scaled. Its just a superficial look at the end of the day…