Gear no longer upgradeable?

So after many months of getting my butt handed to me in random battle grounds for honor (I am a casual) and reaching iLVL 178 now my gear is no longer upgradeable? How in the world am I supposed to join rbg’s at ilvl 178? This seems impossible. Thx WOW. (at 197 it is not easy)

It’s Seasons 2 now. Your conquest should have reset to zero and any gear you had from Season 1 is no longer upgradeable. You should earn new conquest for the new season which can be used on gear you collect in this new season. There was a big splash screen when you logged in the first time on/after Tue and it’s been announced in the forums as a blue post. Follows the same format as every new season for at least several expansions back.

Spend like an hour in Korthia and get free 200+ gear

4 Likes

God I hope you’re joking about the spending months in bgs to get 178.

2 Likes

Do not buy season 2 honor gear, it is a waste of time. Go do Korthia and M+ dungeons for gear. Oh and the new mega dungeon. Personally I would unsub until they make this game worth playing, that’s my plan.

I thought PvE gear (i.e., Korthia gear) dropped like 10 or 13 item levels in BGs and Arena? Since the OP wants to do RBGs, I would think he’d need a source of 220 PvE gear to have a chance of being invited to RBGs. Not sure as I haven’t really done BGs since Mists of Pandaria (hated it when they removed Resilience and PvP vendors).

Maybe you’re talking about the upgrade of Korthia gear from 200 to 220 with Catalogued Research but that doesn’t sound achievable in an hour.

PvE gear does not drop ilvl in PvP. They made PvP gear worse but it scales up to what it would have been if they hadn’t changed it. It’s all because the PvE players whined that they were “forced” to PvP last season. PvP gear was made worse for PvPers for the sake of PvEers

No, but I’m pretty sure season 2 pvp gear increases in ilvl during pvp. Some PvE gear would at least get his foot in the door better than a bunch of 178 crap.

Upgrading all your Korthia gear would take extra time, sure, but the base items are 200 already.

What do you do with all the Honor one has accumulated? Anything?

Bleh… I never liked Blizzard’s approach with “the stick” to punish you if you fail to participate in other content pillars. PvP, M+, and Raids should all be near optimal if you follow only one of those paths imo. Maybe you get a one-time bonus as a “carrot” if you try out a different pillar (like a single guaranteed gear piece that works well in all 3 pillars). If you like a different content pillar on its own merits great, but this crap about “you will be disadvantaged unless you do this other pillar you clearly don’t like” is terrible game design/philosophy.

The main issue is that they are trying to force PvP gear to be analogous with raid/m+. When in reality PvP should always be completely separate. PvP gear doesn’t need to be useable in PvE, it needs to be competitive in PvP. Bring back MoP/WoD PvP gearing.

1 Like

buy marks of honor then buy all the old PvP gear sets.

2k honor will get you 5 marks of honor. a full set of gear costs 12 marks.

Can’t do that, not available. I am maxed out with honor and I don’t know where I can use it.

Thanks for responses folks. Korthia it seems. Love this game but *&^% it can a pain in the rear sometimes.