Gear listed as collected but not available to mog

Went hard on Comp Stomp over the weekend, farmed a ton of medallions and started buying tons of PVP sets and came across what I think could be a bug. Curious if others have had similar issues.

To clarify from the get go, the items collected are not in the refund phase anymore so should now be available to all characters that can use them.

For example I bought most of the mail PVP sets from WoD with the exception of the S3 Wild Combatant set (green one for Alliance) because it is listed with red text indicating I collected the set already when I have not. It is also not showing as collected at all in my collection and the individual items do not have the pink text indicating it is not collected. I would buy the set but concerned that if I do I won’t be able to use it and unable to refund it to the vendor.

Some shared items such as the Hunter set and Shaman set show in the uncollected category in my xmog library for those characters. However when I speak with the vendor on the character and look at the individual items it does not have the pink text indicating I do not have the item collected. I’m not sure if this is related to being a class set or not but I swore unless otherwise stated on the item itself as class restricted any class that is that armour type could use it.

For example, my DH I picked up the raid finder tier piece from ZM and I’m unable to xmog it on my monk or rogue but when I look at the adventure guide it does not state in pink text I don’t have it collected.

Is this a bug or am I misunderstanding something? I know that some gear is class restricted but that is usually always indicated on the gear piece, like required for monk, druid, mage etc.

So not sure why it is happening with pieces that don’t have that restriction noted. I probably would have ignored it if it wasn’t for the Wild Combatant set indicating I already have it collected when I don’t have it at all.