Gear is rating gated for SL

We will see if this is how its going to be, and when the launch of BC is.

We dont know how its going to be. If it is how it is, BC better come soon, because I lead a guild of 800, who wont stay for that again. We are not a minority either.

The expansion is out in one month. 99% sure they aren’t going to do a 180 on it.

Do a 180 on what? On your speculations?

NO ONE knows how the conquest gear works. Your just assuming.

On giving higher ilvl per rating.

You dont know that, there is literally no one outside of Blizzard that knows that…

What we know is that the CHEST, will give gear based on rating, thats 100% fine.

The Conquest gear is upgradeable, so if your 2400 and your chest awards a piece already upgraded to 6/6 at 226 ilvl thats fine, as long as rating is not required to upgrade the gear to 6/6.

1 Like

Except they literally said it.

Thats literally about the Mythic Chest.

Please keep up…

“The Conquest gear is upgradeable, so if your 2400 and your chest awards a piece already upgraded to 6/6 at 226 ilvl thats fine, as long as rating is not required to upgrade the gear to 6/6.”

2 Likes

Which is what I have been talking about. It’s how it works now.

The fact that they moved Azerite to 480 for 1800 was a massive change since those pieces represented a disproportionate amount of power to the rest of your gear.

Also I was clear in my post about all the same questions regarding conquest upgrading.

You ask for clarity from blizzard, but like most of SL they are probably unsure of “what’s best”. They committed to all these systems but have no idea what the right level of tuning will be. The fact that there is ambiguity on pre-patch release date should be a good indication of the clustercuss SL is in.

1 Like

That has NOTHING to do with the new Conquest Upgradeable gear.

Thats the question here.
Does the Conquest gear cap below 226.
Does the Conquest gear upgrades require rating.

Your argument that its a month away a 180 wont happen, is also bad. As they already have adjusted the PVP gear, due to the complaints. They are seeming to listen.

1 Like

But the rating requirement for the chest likely won’t change. That’s all I’ve been talking about.

So maybe share some of their ideas so that we can comment on them. Kinda like the trinket bonus thing. Good starting move but this way we can clearly explain how the raid trinkets are still nuts for example.

Leaving everything until the first week of the season is over is way too late to get feedback

1 Like

The rating requirement for the chest was never cared about.

A real PVPer wont be relying on that chest, they will farm Conquest 12 hours a day until they are full BIS.

If the chest gives conquest gear, that is upgraded already. So when you get chest as challenger you get a 3/6 upgraded piece, thats fine, its a nice skip bonus.

As long as the the pieces can be upgraded to 6/6 and 6/6 is 226, without rating, there is no issue.

Higher rating should get gear faster. However if you block higher level gear behind rating, it creates a wall, that prevents crossing to get higher level gear.

You cannot do PVP like it is PVE, PVE bosses in Mythic and Herioc hit for the same amount no matter what, thats not the case with Players.

2 Likes

It’s what this thread was made about. There’s even a link to the blue post, so that’s what I was talking about.

Because thats all we have to go on. So people are assuming that rating gating, for all gearing will be a thing.

However that blue post doesn’t mean that. The fact they haven’t showed us, how upgrades work is concerning.

1 Like

Well, we both are fine with the chest giving higher rated players higher ilvl gear, so we really have nothing left to discuss here.

Talking about just SL here not BFA but the gear scales, Heroic item level is at 1600 the gear difference between 1600-1800 is so minor that it won’t matter. At 1800 you will have better than Heroic gear and the gap between that and 2100 will be minor too. I think the system is fair. If there was no upgrade at 1800 I would agree with you as that might make more of an impact.

It’s not an issue now going for 1800 with trash gear if your good, I just subbed and hit 1600 with a bad comp on my MM Hunter with worse than Heroic gear and no PvE Trinkets or corruption. A few over gear players show up in low ratings but it’s not too often. A few months ago when I was trying with my MM Hunter (just for fun with a super bad comp, don’t care about this season it’s a joke.) reaching 1600 was hard, nearly every team we where paired with had mythic gear and the Raid trinket or bike at worst. My Hunter was too fresh with gear and super behind and I did not want to farm PvE (I tried a little but no luck with drops) so I just quit. I just had no reason to stick around. The gear was random and bad most of the time, transmog was ugly, mount is ugly and I don’t care for titles.

I like the Shadowlands system, I feel rewarded for putting in effort to increase my rating. I can actually progress through PvP and I gain rewards other than Transmog that I can use with the item level increase. I’m still worried about Raid trinkets and other strong PvE items being BiS though.

I would be fine with the Legion system back but tweaked even if it lowers the feeling of being rewarded but I think the system in SL is great. IDK how long it takes to get conquest though, I’m hoping we can get an item from the vendor each week at least + one from the vault if we take that over a PvE item. A catch up mechanic too for people that join later in the season so they can jump in PvP asap.

You seem to think everyone that disagrees with you loves this crappy BFA system where item level and PvE gear is more important. We don’t, everyone hates it even the ‘dragon slayers’. We just feel that PvP should be a real endgame progression path rather than a mini game.

Edit: Read more of your posts after that one. I would also be fine if you can use conquest to upgrade gear to the max and you just gain a large advantage in time by doing high rated arena. I was under the assumption that all of your conquest gear will upgrade to the next tier every time you rank up. I still think you are over reacting over 3 item levels though, that should not create a gear wall.

1 Like

Rating Gating doesn’t make PVP an endgame progression system.

You love SL systems, but the same case you just described “Everyone was in Mythic Gear” is exactly what will happen again.

Rating CANNOT lock Gear, that is against the very essence of PVP, PERIOD.

Having titles does not make it a side game, PVP gave the only titles in the game for the longest Time, Gladiator and R1 are still the only titles that are worth the slightest inkling of respect.

Just saw your edit, its not 3 ilvls lol…

Look at the broken PVE trinkets, Heroic version does 9k Mythic does 14k, thats a 5k difference and a Mythic geared player will be sitting on 30-35k, thats a difference of 1/6th of your health, thats a big deal…

Your about in as much denial as the Pro Covenant Lock people are.

“Its only a 1% difference”
“Umm its a 50% difference for some classes”
“they will nerf it to a 1% difference”

No, they wont…

1 Like

No one here wants PvE trinkets to be a thing, I want them to buff the PvP set bonus (that makes vers gear even more important and PvE gear less so) and weaken (and ban tank/healer trinkets) or ban PvE trinkets in PvP instances.

You are right about the item levels, I thought the gap between tiers was much smaller than it is. Idk why they bother with a squish if they continue with these large gaps. We do get Heroic gear at 1600 though so there should be another increase at 1800 so the gap is not as bad but now that I seen the gap I am a little more worried about it.

As for covenants, I’m fine with them being locked if it is only 1-2% at most but if they can’t handle it (Most likely can’t) just remove the locks and don’t make us wait an extra patch.

Well seems there idea is 3 ilvls. So assuming 1800 will be 3 ilvls up.

Like I said the huge inflation is once again for the dragon slayers. They feel like Mythic raid gear needs to be best, and best by alot. If its not they riot.