Gear/HoA Problems in New Raids/BFA

So I am by no means a Method-ish player so Blizzard couldn’t care about my concerns BUT let’s discuss the upcoming raid and it’s mythic loot, as well as general concerns.

I run a 6/8M, 2 day a week guild, and I love this game. Like many, I am a day one player but I am afraid Blizzard is overlooking a lot of it’s problems.

1. Raiders do not want to be punished for playing other video games, including other Blizzard games. Whether or not the grind is too heavy or not for the HoA neck, if you aren’t clearing the azerite on your board you may fall behind your guild. With tools like WClogs and Raider io, players(especially non meta classes and specs) need every advantage to get into a raid PUG or even a +10 in some cases. Most people’s best memories of WoW never include the HoA or Artifact Weapon systems.

2. New gear is stressful at times. I know RNG is terrible and a big problem this and last expansion BUT imagine getting a new pair of mythic shoulders and being only 38 HoA when you need 48 to fully harness the item’s full potential. I know that Blizzard does the whole, “we want to reward hard work,” spiel but there is a difference between hard work and tedious work. I think understanding the MMO market is no longer growing and that you need to figure a way to maintain or win the old audience might be the only means to keep our beloved game afloat. That being said, understand your player base. Most of us were in high school or just starting college when the game launched and now that most of us are adults with families, careers, and other things in our life, the HoA system is punishing us for not being unemployed and dumping all of our time into WoW. I know personally, I have about 17 BNET friends who are former US-150 who cannot bother with WoW at all in it’s current state.

3. Lastly for this post, the raider io system is punishing. I see it, like most, as a double edged sword. It is great to filter out new/bad players but it’s terrible because new/bad players can’t get any better when some idiot requires 1000+ io to do a +6. If raider io went away you would lose a large audience who only plays for that number. I think if you implemented a system that rewards those of us who carry strangers/friends who are new or not carrying their weight, it would help our community so much. I run a stream on twitch(my name is Awetosis there too) where I raffle off free +10/11s and AOTC for people. I feel like rewarding residuum to the players going above and beyond(maybe a voting system or your own built in damage/healing meter) might help encourage generosity.

Sorry for the wall, and these are just my frustrations being vented. I don’t intend to stop playing and I will continue to help those struggling to find groups, but Blizzard please remove some grind for raiders so we have more time for other games or to enjoy the world pvp you have provided.

So in other words, it’s great because it helps YOU filter bads out of your groups, but it’s bad because OTHERS use it too and that means the field of good players in pugs shrinks and shrinks. So YOU shouldn’t have to deal with these terribads but other people should, else how will they learn?

sure except i do roughly 40-50 a week for newbies.