Gear Checker Cogstar Not Spawning!

Even though Gear Checker Cogstar wasn’t up within the past hour when I got the dying upgraded sentry to trigger the voice line meant to summon Gear Checker Cogstar nothing happened. There was no yell, there was no star, Gear Checker Cogstar did not summon despite his spawn activation being triggered.

Maybe he spawned somewhere else?

He has multiple spawn locations.

I was closely looking in the chat and there was no yell by Gear Checker Cogstar. He’s one of the rares on Mechagon that does a yell to announce his spawn. Though luckily when I triggered him again he spawned without issue and even dropped the recipe so I don’t have to worry about it.

Experiencing the same thing today. After farming Sentries for at least an hour and seeing the ‘requesting assistance’ message several times, he hasn’t spawned. Something is definitely up, especially considering I’ve seen him spawn 3-4 times in a row other days.

In this modern era of World of Warcraft, where Blizzard no longer cares to budget for an acceptable level of quality control and allows new bugs to proliferate faster than they can be fixed ( not that they care to dedicate much time to correcting their incompetence), this bug is especially galling.

I’ve have spent quite some time trying to get Gear Checker to spawn without success. As a Hunter, I have been quite diligent in making sure I get the killing blow instead of my pet (a ridiculous requirement to say the least). Twice I got the prerequisite utterance from the dying Upgraded Sentry and was rewarded with … absolutely freaking nothing.

To say something is wrong with this picture is an understatement. This mob is tied to two achievements and to have this problem persist as long as it has is inexcusable.

Come to think of it, it has been many weeks since I have seen this mob announce his presence due to the persistence of any player. It is like he has stopped spawning completely.

Hyperbolic hyperbole is hyperbolic.

He sings out just fine, several times a day, each time my toons are in Mechagon. Having the Weakaura to respond to the rares’ yells helps.

I can attest to this glitch. So, tonight I farmed for him for at least… two and a half maybe three hours… The message to call him in must’ve happened (with no exaggeration here) AT LEAST 5 times. He never spawned, never yelled, nothing… This is CLEARLY a bug that blizzard needs to address. If you look into this bug its been going on far to long.

No lies here , hopefully knowing this is a bug can bring at least some comfort to the late night warriors farming out there.

Farmed for him again tonight , as always, voice line happened , gear never showed… opened a ticket at this point but prob will not get resolved. Suffice to say if you want keys to the model w, you’re going to have to get super lucky with this glitch not affecting you. I wont comment on this further, good luck to everyone out there trying for this blueprint, you’re gonna need it.

YAY so yup this bug is STILL happening. Had him spawn like clockwork until a few days ago when he stopped. Had 5 instances of the trigger text pop but no Cogstar…so yay to Blizz for effed up RNG when we go back to try to get old achievements.

There ought to be some mechanism where the uncommon/rare drop gets a little higher on the loot table every time you kill him, or have some sory of lure or something you can buy/craft to make him spawn when you’ve completed ALL the quests in a zone…SOMETHING!!!

Hey Devs…DO SOMETHING…but I know they won’t…