GDKP raids are legitimately the best thing about classic

I used to think the opposite. Doing multiple GDKP runs this expansion has changed my mind on this topic and ill explain why theyre so good for the game.

1. It incentivises people to do the best dps they can. Most groups reward the highest dps with more gold and dont give cuts to grey parsers. This means people naturally pay attention more and runs are much smoother and quicker because of it.

2. You can actually get the best gear in the game. I like loot council as well, because you dont spend gold. The major downside to loot council is the huge dps items like weapons and trinkets will probably not go to you the first time it drops. Theres no guarantees it will ever drop again, either. GDKP raids are great because if an item drops, you KNOW you have a shot at it. Just bid on it. GDKP raids are the single best way to gear.

3. You make your money back quickly. After dropping 20k gold on something you spent a week or 2 saving up for, you still get a cut at the end of the raid. Often times thousands of gold. These raids are great because you spend a lot of money and make a lot of money. It incentivises gearing and playing alts. More runs on more characters a week = more gold per week. This = more bis items bid on.

4. You can get into any gdkp with no gear if youre a buyer. A lot of people complain that they cant get groips for pugs because of gear score. Gdkp raids are phenominal because it doesnt matter if your gear sucks. These runs ALWAYS want buyers. When i finished levelling my DK from 58-80 i had around 9k gold. 9k gold starting. Finish the zones questing and you will easily have 11-12k gold. You can then join raids as a buyer and the snowball effect of buying gear, getting a cut, and repeating this, starts.

Gdkp raids are amazing for the game. They help everyone.

6 Likes

Our payout for the last 25 Uld was over 15k gold each, gdkp is the way.

3 Likes

Correction, you think you have a shot.

Seriously though - if you’re pugging gdkp is the way. Leaders don’t HR stuff and you get something no matter what.

1 Like

There was a guild in SOM that was pure gdkp. It’s the most fair imo. I even thought about a tokenized guild gdkp system where the gold saved up gets reinvested into the players via consumes and runed orbs.

sounds interesting, so if x item drops and only 1 person wants it, they can bid 10g and get it since its only for them and more than a vendor price? but if 2 people want that item, the bidding can go has high as their pocket book goes?

Using legitimate earned gold of course

2 Likes

GDKP has minimum bidding amount on item, like 500g to 1K, so even the item has only 1 player wants it, the players still need to bid the minimum amount to get it.

1 Like

what if the item that drops and NO one wants it? just goes to waste?

Wait, you were all about how parses don’t matter and you don’t look at parses. Now you are all about parses in point #1?

You’re really starting to “smell” like Lemonfont.

I don’t have a problem with GDKPs and do not want to argue about them, I just wanted to point out that hypocrisy.

4 Likes

Neither Deathknights nor GDKPs are a part of Classic WoW.

4 Likes

Correct. Same thing as any other loot system.

1 Like

Gets sharded and added to a bundle that gets bid off at the end.

2 Likes

GDKP is also the only realistic way to gear up your offspec since you are likely never to be able to do that running pug MS>OS

LC guild run is better for seeing and progressing content. I always get to see stuff first in the guild. Pre-nerf kills, hard modes, etc. The GDKPs I run with didn’t even kill muru back in TBC, while the guild downed it after 9 attempts. On the other hand, GDKP is better for gearing. My gdkp characters are almost all better geared than my LC guild character. They each have their charms. The two raiding formats in conjunction add up to one complete pve experience (kill bosses get loot)

ok

/10char

You’re judging based on a bad GDKP group. GDKP can have the same roster every week, people will pass (or bid low) on loot that others have better use, etc, 100% pug GDKPs are not the optimal way imo.

1 Like

If I were to say what’s the best thing in Classic for me, I’d say my guild. Been with them pretty much since day 1 and my best memories of Classic are mostly doing things with my guild.

1 Like

gets sharded and you bid on the shards at the end of the bid

Yes whoever is willing to swipe their mums credit card the hardest wins the loot. Very fair system.

1 Like

You sound like a person who is mad because you suck at making gold in WoW.

1 Like