GDKP in Season of Discovery

Why not just do personal loot like retail and be done with it?

4 Likes

Having devs not afraid of shaking things up and make a change to see what happens is kind of refreshing. And if the prices of gold is already dropping for rmters it already feels like a win in my books

5 Likes

Great! thanks for your service

1 Like

People will still do what they do it will be pushed to private discord and no mention of it in game - certainly it will reduce the overall amount but it becomes real world transactions such as paypal direct or guilds will sell ticket runs…
GDKP evolved to what it is today because the other options are less than optimal.
Deal with the gold sellers and buyers ( THE ONES ACTUALLY BREAKING TOS )

5 Likes

Please do this for Cataclysm Classic as well.

12 Likes

Welp you’ve lost my sub. Cya.

4 Likes

Not saying that gdkp is all healthy for the game but it does bring up another issue. With gdkps gone bots will still be able to farm gold far more efficiently than a normal player and continue to warp the economy. Personally gdkps were my way of normalizing the amount of gold I had with other players to buy what I needed without resorting to days straight of farming my raid mats or gold buying myself

13 Likes

it only requires one snitch…

6 Likes

Huge, maybe even throbbing: W

4 Likes

My only concern are the lesser loot system like SR and Loot Council.

LC tend to be corrupted.

MS>OS tend to have people rolling need on everything, +1 helps but the definition of +1 tend to change

SR have tendency to have players losing interest/leaving mid-raid if their item hasn’t dropped.

GDKP: My only concerns are gold buyers, without RMT the system is by far the best.

3 Likes

How are you going to decide it’s a gdkp if all trades are done via discord and trades outside of raid?

Is this going to increase false positives when any trade is now more suspect than before?

Is selling clears or a raid spot count as gdkp?

3 Likes

5/7 change! 1 for every day of the week!

Preach king!!

14 Likes

Does this ban selling items in dungeons a la “WTS Cobrahn loot, belt 2g, legs 4g”?

2 Likes

GDKP communities are by far the most social communities in the game. It’s not even close.

12 Likes

ive already corrupted 1 wym

I unsubbed about 1 week ago (wasn’t going to play phase 2 and was about to quit), and after last night’s news, I reversed it. Thank you blizz. Customer support feel free to check the receipts.

14 Likes

it will require organized communities, which shouldn’t be 5% of today’s gdkp runners… decreasing RMT by a potentially 95% is huge

1 Like

Trading raid gear for gold is probably easily tracked. People taking gear out of the raid is easily tracked. This is easier to track than gold buying. If you want to risk your account being permanently banned thats on you.

5 Likes

We’re just going to use something other than gold. New profession materials, arcane crystals, flasks, etc. And those will be purchased with gold.

3 Likes