GDKP in a nutshell

They are not fine in LFG. That is the wrong channel. That is what the Blue post was saying.

1 Like

That’s not what they said anywhere in their post. All they said was post them in the right channel.

4 Likes

I’m not assuming anything. You don’t go from getting flamed in /2 having people whispering you to go die and various anti-gdkp hate, to having the mass report notice in the top right, to getting dc’d and suspended. That’s not a coincidence. That’s a chain of events.

I disagree. Cheers!

Blizz should add a public Tribunal system similar to how Riot had it 10 or so years ago, showing reason, chat log examples and all.

With the way some people carry on about their ban, you kind of see why they got banned…

1 Like

Because the Support article and forum post tells us what channel to use.

Any boosting, carrying, or other similar services offered for gold that’s advertised outside of the Trade (Services) chat channel will be considered spam and the proper actions will be taken, so be sure to switch your service advertisements to the new chat channel when it becomes available after this week’s regional maintenance.

Individuals and guilds selling boost or assistance in raiding, dungeon, or PvP activities for gold is allowed but can only be advertised in-game through the Trade Services chat channel. Advertising for gameplay activities should be done by a WoW player-character who intends to participate in the gameplay activities. This means there should be no cross-realm advertising, and there should be no advertising from non-participating players.

1 Like

None of these clearly indicate that gdkp belongs solely in the trade chat.

Yeah i just dont agree with the rule and i know it doesnt matter if i do.

Thats not what gdkps are.

They arent boosts, they arent offering any assistance in raiding, it isnt a carry run.

Its literally a raid full of people using an auction based loot setting.

7 Likes

You are, actually. You said your email specifically said your sanction was for

You got reported for what you were saying that goes against the rules you agreed to. It doesn’t matter what someone said that “prompted” you to reply. Context does not matter. Now, if you actually were reported many times over for the GDKP - more reports only adds weight to the other ones that already would have put you under review.

And as has also been stated many times over - people like to whisper and threaten (which you absolutely SHOULD be reporting) and all of that mess for your advertising. That doesn’t mean they’re actually going to do it.

If you weren’t breaking any rules and were posting appropriately - you would have gotten a temporary squelch MAYBE, if there were enough reports. You were sanctioned because of things you were saying. Then compounded it with the GDKP advertising in the wrong channel, back to back with it being posted in the appropriate channel. That is spam, even if it were okay to post in both channels.

No i didn’t. I said it was for abusive chat. I said the gm trying to shut down a discussion made vague references to ‘inappropriate chat’.

My apologies, I didn’t scroll back to that post then, but whether abusive or inappropriate - the sanction itself wasn’t wholly based off the advertising. It was for what you were saying in chat and then added to that onus with the advertising as you had done it.

You know now, whether you wish to acknowledge the correct answers that you’ve been given or not. If you’re appealing the sanction/black mark against the account - I do wish you well with it.

Again, without being mass reported for a gdkp I wouldn’t have been suspended for the ‘inappropriate language’. They also indicated if not for the inappropriate language, the ‘spam’ wouldn’t have been actionable. This doesn’t set any alarm bells off for you? Really?

GDKP is not boosting, carrying, or “a service offered for gold” :expressionless:
Again, you seem to not understand what GDKP is.

What I want to see is Blizzard specifically say GDKP is not allowed in LFG. I don’t think such a thing exists.

So what your saying is the way you spoke, that got you banned, is okay if people didn’t report you?

That’s like saying it’s okay to rob a bank if the staff don’t call the cops.

lol all that text when if you just scrolled a bit longer you’d see the blue post.

Your team is wrong. Gg.

1 Like

There’s no teams. There’s only what is rational, and what is explicit policy. There is still no explicit policy against posting in lfg for a raid which uses gdkp.

GDKP is boosting+carrying when they advertise for and invite “pure buyers”, and it’s a BoP selling service otherwise. You aren’t fooling anyone, yourself included :blush:

2 Likes

GDKPs literally have the roles called “carries” and “buyers”. You have gold buyers who use gold to buy gear, and you have people who carry them through the instance.

4 Likes

Have you ever heard that stat where technically like 80% of the U.S population has committed a felony or something?

Nearly everyone has a collection of words in their chat log which could be pulled out of context and used to justify a suspension. They would never do this unless you were mass reported.

Yes there is!

Individuals and guilds selling items and profession services for gold is allowed but can only be advertised in-game through the Trade chat channel.

Individuals and guilds selling boost or assistance in raiding, dungeon, or PvP activities for gold is allowed but can only be advertised in-game through the Trade Services chat channel.

2 Likes