GDKP - banned?

Blizz gave WoW tokens for the Chinese SOM servers. I dont see why we cant have any. I keep getting spammed with gold sellers nonstop there and they are doing the body thing again where they drop down a bunch of dead bodies to spell out a website. Blizzard could stop this with WoW tokens but they dont want to.

It bans Escrow services; which fundamentally is what GDKP is

An escrow is a service that fundamentally, holds something - until such a time when it needs to be released to the rightful owner. When you hold a GDKP auction; that’s essentially what you are doing. You’re holding the item in escrow until such a time when the rightful owner has been revealed (the highest bidder) - and then releasing the item upon successful payment

You would function as an escrow, and it is a gold transaction. In my eyes; this is a banned behavior.

Either way - if it got out of hand enough; the “non-traditional services” bit would probably anything Blizzard deems ‘unhealthy for the game’

This would probably also stop things like "Okay, I’ll buy a WoW token, sell it and give you 200k gold in retail for 200 gold in Classic

why GDKPS are awesome clear content and make good money should have started doing them sooner

Not really. Unless there’s guilds that are on every server doing GDKPs and labelling themselves as a “GDKP community” with the same name or under an umbrella just the retail boosting communities like Huokan, they wont get banned.

GDKPs in classic are mainly server bound and done by respected guilds known in the server’s community. It’s an isolated system as while 1 server might have big player GDKPs where Alar can go for 100k (See: any Whitemane GDKP) , other gdkps in smaller servers it might go for 30k. if GDKPs were run by 1 group under many names, the prices would be standardized generally across all servers like retail carries atm.

“As of today, we will now prohibit organizations who offer boosting, matchmaking, escrow, or other non-traditional services, including those offered for gold.”

Is a Guild an organization?

Furthermore, for the health of the game; I hope you’re wrong.

How would it be.

This policy update does not restrict individuals or guilds from using the provided in-game tools (“trade channel” chat) to buy or sell in-game items or activities for in-game currency.

So no. It does not prohibit GDKP’s

Is said guild on multiple servers under the same name, or labelled as the same guild and chokeholding their respective server’s GDKPs? (as in mass-inviting, crushing other guilds doing GDKPs, and mass advertising)?

If so: YES they would get banned under new TOS.

If its 1 guild on 1 server and only said server (or they have a sister guild on the opposite faction side, but are run separately and independently) doing GDKPs, its ok.

“However, “boosting communities”, especially those who operate across multiple realms, are no longer permitted.”

It doesn’t say that being “single server specific” is okay. It just says “especially” those.

In a GDKP you’re…

1. Acting as an Escrow (specifically, your master looter would be)
  2. Taking Gold for payment…
  3. …of BoP items (which could arguably fall under non-traditional service - if the item was intended to be sold it would be BoE)
  4. Acting as an Organization
  5. Advertising this service in Trade / LFM

The problem isn’t the cross server; it’s the escrow service for Gold.

1 Like

I think my concern and many folks frustration is that we are left to split hairs and hope we choose correctly.

Blizzard should really give out more information rather than hoping folks understand their vague communication.

There is nothing vague about their message. It’s clearly targeted at large conglomerates like Huokan

Your weekly GDKP run isn’t going to be affected unless you’re working with an organization like Huokan.

Just play legitimately. That’s all you need to do.

1 Like

Still very much a stretch compared to the boosting communities which were much much bigger than simple GDKPs.

Boosting communities like Huokan were seen as an escrow service as they:

1. had groups made to boost and pay them in gold to boost bad players. The booster community as well takes a percentage cut from the rate, which is standardized across all the servers.
  2. had ‘advertiser’ groups that they paid in gold which lead to mass spamming.
  3. their escrow service was multiple side accounts for the ‘community bank’ so if 1 community in another server wing needed gold, a side account would transfer over to that wing and donate the gold.

Weekly GDKPs are one offs and the loot master who has the gold and gear before splitting (unless specified) doesn’t keep a % or take out a certain amount of gold out of the complete pot unless its something like ‘tank / respec fee’ and its generally told in the invites and during the raid.

1 Like

Nah, GDKP won’t be banned.

…yet.

We’ll need to wait for Bellular to do a podcast on it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope gdkp’s are banned soon. They are basically money laundering schemes for rmt.

2 Likes

10 characters required.jpg

This has nothing to do with GDKPs.

2 Likes

The general consensus with GDKPs are that the raid leaders take a % as admin fee which can be anywhere between 0-15%. Some leaders are pumping 5+ raids per week with pots being above 70k (for p2/p3 content) so you can imagine how much gold those raid leaders are amassing over the course of a phase.

LOCK BOOSTIES UP!! Lol jk.

But seriously get rid of this junk, and don’t fricken allow people to buy a 58/68 boost in the future.

The problem with the WoW token is still that the gold generated to buy the tokens people sell, largely comes from Bots. The token doesn’t fix the problem for anyone but Blizzard, because the inflation rate it creates due to bots tanks the economy just as badly. Then everyone has to buy the tokens anyway.

Adding WoW tokens will make the prices go up not down.

Where’s this posted? Me cannot see.

Nevermind… found it. It’s about time!

False. That happens sometime next year.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.