GDKP - banned?

The latest blue regarding the banning of boosting services was incredibly vague.

Any insights on whether pug GDKP or guild ran GDKP raids are effected by this ?

All the world top guilds do it so I dont think so.

lol, world top guilds do a lot of sketch stuff

8 Likes

The funny thing is banning GDKPs and gold boosting would have been the right choice out the gate of Classic if Activision cared whatsoever about the game, but doing it at this point is just baffling.

3 Likes

No I don’t think general GDKP runs will be affected. The changes seem to be aimed specifically at large communities like Huokan that were running large boosting operations across multiple servers and spamming their adverts constantly in chat.

All that gold they take in has to go somewhere
 probably into the vaults of RMT gold sellers.

3 Likes

exactly!

Microsoft* now

At this point its like trying to bring the Titanic out of the water and hoping it doesnt fall apart while submerging it.

1 Like

Yea and when they get banned for doing it, then say “Oh well look everyone else was doing it too.” And then they get unbanned, change the guild name
 and then do it again. Funny how people from one of my old guilds on Illidan Horde tried that crap on a Classic ally sever I play on a while back
 they got trolled off the server and they all left. We in Classic dont put up with that stuff most times. Or at least my server did not.

This only targets retail not classic, as this is targetting the discord communities that act as middleman for setting up boosting/selling services

In the blue post, they said this does not affect individuals or guilds who do sell in-game services or boosts.

Not yet. The full transition has yet to happen.

They were supposedly banned but they have their own Youtube channel and they have their own website, gold only they say
 they got caught taking orders for real life cash for people who did not have enough gold. Sometimes on Illidan you will see dozens of them sitting afk near the Horde bank with their guild. They even have their own YouTube channel as well.

1 Like

Yea everytime these people come to Classic they get trolled out of exitance. Me and some of my friends even have chat macros that will whisper to them with massive amounts of spam to clog their chat. You hit it so many times back to back that it causes a stack overflow and they keep getting the spam macro long after they have blocked you. So yea. any of those people come to Classic we take care of them. Or we down right make fun of them in trade chat to where they log out. No one wants them there. We just want to play the game.

gdkps won’t be affected, wouldn’t make sense for anything to change since they’re just regular raids

It specifically says that this would not effect the selling of in-game items for gold, aka GDKPs.

The bluepost is focusing on “gold only” (lmfao its so rmt) groups like Huokan that were mass spamming almost every retail server with mythic carries to the point that they were abusing free account trials to mass spam as these spammers were hired and paid gold to spam.

Good riddance.

Blizz gave WoW tokens for the Chinese SOM servers. I dont see why we cant have any. I keep getting spammed with gold sellers nonstop there and they are doing the body thing again where they drop down a bunch of dead bodies to spell out a website. Blizzard could stop this with WoW tokens but they dont want to.

It bans Escrow services; which fundamentally is what GDKP is

An escrow is a service that fundamentally, holds something - until such a time when it needs to be released to the rightful owner. When you hold a GDKP auction; that’s essentially what you are doing. You’re holding the item in escrow until such a time when the rightful owner has been revealed (the highest bidder) - and then releasing the item upon successful payment

You would function as an escrow, and it is a gold transaction. In my eyes; this is a banned behavior.

Either way - if it got out of hand enough; the “non-traditional services” bit would probably anything Blizzard deems ‘unhealthy for the game’

This would probably also stop things like "Okay, I’ll buy a WoW token, sell it and give you 200k gold in retail for 200 gold in Classic

why GDKPS are awesome clear content and make good money should have started doing them sooner

Not really. Unless there’s guilds that are on every server doing GDKPs and labelling themselves as a “GDKP community” with the same name or under an umbrella just the retail boosting communities like Huokan, they wont get banned.

GDKPs in classic are mainly server bound and done by respected guilds known in the server’s community. It’s an isolated system as while 1 server might have big player GDKPs where Alar can go for 100k (See: any Whitemane GDKP) , other gdkps in smaller servers it might go for 30k. if GDKPs were run by 1 group under many names, the prices would be standardized generally across all servers like retail carries atm.

“As of today, we will now prohibit organizations who offer boosting, matchmaking, escrow, or other non-traditional services, including those offered for gold.”

Is a Guild an organization?

Furthermore, for the health of the game; I hope you’re wrong.

How would it be.

This policy update does not restrict individuals or guilds from using the provided in-game tools (“trade channel” chat) to buy or sell in-game items or activities for in-game currency.

So no. It does not prohibit GDKP’s

Is said guild on multiple servers under the same name, or labelled as the same guild and chokeholding their respective server’s GDKPs? (as in mass-inviting, crushing other guilds doing GDKPs, and mass advertising)?

If so: YES they would get banned under new TOS.

If its 1 guild on 1 server and only said server (or they have a sister guild on the opposite faction side, but are run separately and independently) doing GDKPs, its ok.