GD: New Achievements for Mount Collectors

First finally some new blood on the CC forums talking about old threads.

I did some post about this and the Mount community talk about this all the time on discord, the last achievement was added on BFA pre patch July 17th 2018, almost 4 years ago.

Besides the achievements being added every 3-4+ years, those are not a goal for collectors because we already have the amount required, I also think about new players as mentioned by Maizou and if we got some unique model behind the mount collecting achievements they’ll engage on this activity, one problem is that the current achievements can’t jump from 400 to 600, there’s a new mount every 50 mounts, however some collectors like me already have almost 700, at least this achievement progress has a better reward progress compared to the prestige honor system that provide a new title/toy/mount every 100-150 honor levels with a really awful progress.

@Maizou a lot of mounts are really easy to obtain, a new player could have a lot of work to do but with TW providing bonus rep is easier compared to previous expansions, there’s some low drops and also Blizzard added some of those to other places like BMAH or previously a bag for tanks/healers on the LFG. Devs should do achievements with a rule like if the game has 873 mounts obtainable - store mounts - really low drops then an achievement for 750-800 (400-450-500…until 750-800) just include like 4-5 achievements at the same time, players will progress and get something new each 50 mounts.

Actually i would like to see an achievement that i can’t get until i progress through the expansion mounts, that’s a goal for collectors, once someone achieve it, everyone will notice the mount for awhile and it’ll become easier with next achievement and mounts added, there’ll be always a last achievement with some sort of effort that’ll get easier eventually. Just ask on the discord that you mentioned, I’m part of it and this is a topic all the time.

1 Like

Oh, like I said, I’m for achievements being added, just realistically obtainable ones. :stuck_out_tongue: Like 800 isn’t realistic But 700 probably is. Possibly even 750. 800 requires a bunch of now unobtainable mounts. So adding like 450/500/550/600/650/700 would be great. My post was more about the idea of 800 right now lol. Like I said, I have 1447 pets right now and I’d be against a 1450 (and probably even 1400) due to the fact so many unobtainable pets would be required to reach that right now.

But like, 1100/1200/1300? Please. Very much so.

I just don’t want new collectors to be turned off by achievements they couldn’t get until expansions down the line even if they had god luck lol.

Sure, that’s why there should be a number that doesn’t require even the store or recruit a friend, promotions, only thing always available in game. But at least 1 achievement shouldn’t be achievable until you progress on the current content. Also someone mentioned achievements like Awake the drakes, there’s a possibility for other mounts like:

• Amphibians (Frogs from last expansions)
  • Hounds
  • Horses
  • Insects

…etc

i could see the missing Curious Caterpillar from the mount contest added like a meta achievement behind collecting some bug mounts.

That’s what my post was about. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s demoralizing and defeating if there’s an achievement you couldn’t get if you gathered every single possible mount/pet you possibly could, and had to wait for more to be added.

I’m alllll for adding new mount/pet/toy achievements, as I said. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sure, on this case you don’t have to wait but progress on rep, achievements, drops and any new mount added for the patch/expansion, that’ll turn that achievement on a current goal for collectors.

Thanks, I hope the Devs start responding soon, because it seems like they’re busy with 10.0 announcement

I want a 650 and 700 mount achievement. I’m closing in on 650 :wink:

It’s good to have hard to reach ones as well. After a few milestones that one that felt out of reach is getting closer and closer, that’s what makes these achievements fun.

This shouldn’t keep new achievements from being made.

1 Like

The blame it on Shadowlands for adding 200 lazy recolor mounts .

1 Like

Hard to reach =/= impossible.

Stop misinterpreting my post please.

And no, there should not be collection based achievements that cannot be achieved by players without unobtainable things.

You are more than welcome to disagree, but I’ll defend my side very strongly.

I would just see high count achievements not possible to reach as motivation to stay on top of collecting :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Eat your own words.
I never said they should add impossible achievements. I said it’s good to have ones that are hard to reach and they shouldn’t stop adding just because of new players. You literally quoted me lol…

Exactly. I was a new player at one time and never thought about quitting just because the highest mount achievement seemed crazy. I just looked at the first 1 and made that my goal.

1 Like

Maybe because english is not my first language, but i tried to explain that there should be goals, something to look foward next patch/expansion that even the top collector in the world maybe can’t complete once added to the game, so that collecto has to farm new ones added as part of the recent content.

That’s why we need more achievements and those should be adjusted against mounts in game (Without considering store, promotions, TCG) and even using a number that allows a player to avoid some really low drops to achieve the goal.

1 Like

Yes all that is good. Mount achievements aren’t meant to be something that you obtain fast anyway, it’s something you earn over time and your collection will keep growing as you play.

1 Like

With the amount of Mounts that have been added to the game in the last 2 expansions alone there is no reason to not have the at the very minimum up to 750. When 10.0 launches we will be easily within the goal of players able to grind for these achievements and up to 800.

1 Like