GD Lounge # Reforged

I love Beck.

This is possibly one of my favorite video/songs of the 90’s. The first time I saw it, I cried for almost an hour when the bee girl found her people. :joy:

1 Like

yeah, used to love that song ‘no rain’… used to sing it to myself a lot, out loud or silently. and play the song on my computer a lot.

chrisp

Mkay, just got 100% Completion on SSB:Ultimate. 29hrs. Normal mode. There were only 3-4 truly challenging fights. Being able to cheese some of the events (walk to side boundary, grab, throw them out of bounds) worked waaaay too often.

Strongest team will always be…

• Primary Spirit (+3 slots) (+Attack Bonus) (+ “Franchise Boost”)
    – “3 Slots” = Support Spirit slots.
    – “Attack Bonus” = Any trait that boosts your Hero’s/playstyle’s primary attack (Marth = Weapon)
    – “Franchise Boost” = Your Hero and Primary Spirit are from the same game.
  • Support Spirits: Rank: Legendary/4, Cost: 1 slot

Strongest Supports traits:

• Boss encounters: Autoheal - Celebi (3-slot, 5%HP/5sec)
    – Autoheal isn’t needed most of the time, but it’s very strong.
  • Overall Damage: Hyper Smash Attacks - Victini (1 slot) + Mythra (Critical Hit II, 12% Chance to Crit)
    – Fatal hits tend to come around 40%
    – Critical Hits tend to delete people, especially lightweights.

Simple counters:
– Marth is godlike in Adventure/World of Light. Fast attacks, Counter, and strong launching power make him amazing.
– Spicy Curry is countered by Marth. You can literally spam Side-B because Curry resets your framelock (Counter works best against Super Armor, Side-B counters Giants).
– Stamina Fights can be abused by using side boundaries. On maps where you can move easily to the side boundaries, wait for the enemy to attack, move back towards the middle, you can usually Throw without an issue, and then toss them out of bounds. GGEZ.
– Items are OP. Throw them and you’ll hit a fatal blow most of the time (while enemy is above 50%)
– Always counter the environment (except Earthquake, you can ignore it.).

Skill Tree:

• If you play a Hero that doesn’t have bonus jumps (Kirby, Jiqglypuff, etc.), go for Extra Jump (on the right, top). It’s by far the best and most often-used trait.
  • Don’t bother with Final Smash builds, they don’t come up often enough.
  • Unflinching during Charge (Super Armor when charging) is really good.

Summon/Dismiss Spirits:

• You’re only going to be using ~40 Spirits ever. Boost your first 3-star to Lvl 99 asap. Boost a team of 3-star to 99 to cover Red/Blue/Green (Purple not needed over).
  • A 3-slot (4000+) Spirit will always be better than a 2-slot Spirit (4800+).
  • Don’t worry about “Franchise Bonuses” until you get into the Dark Realm (after you beat Galeem)
  • Don’t Dismiss any Spirits until the Dark Realm.
  • You should generate about 100,000 SP by the time you finish the game.
2 Likes

Selith posted this in the health thread… felt it was funny and clean and i will share it here too.

1 Like

I bought this issue of MAD magazine when I was a kid. Had a record in it with this song.
1 Like

yay, mad magazine. i used to buy those whenever i went to the grocery stores.
/hugs
nice song.

2 Likes

Well it sounds like Aquaman is doing great in China ahead of its U.S. release date. Maybe people are not necessarily tired of the Superhero genre, maybe they are just tired of the same Superheroes.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VawSnaxtSI

The above is the Opening Trailer for Kingdom Hearts 3. It shows portions of the Opening and besides the ads that’s pretty much it.

maybe someday i’ll get money to get a switch and smash bros ultimate and all the stuff i am curious about but don’t “feel a mighty need” for…
dunno how i will ever get money though.

1 Like

/Peeks
/Hides

devil chrisp has nowhere to go except down
but he doesnt want to go down either so he sits here

/lifts
/Huuuuuugggggggsssss

!!!
/Huuuuggggssss

How’s my Hazelnut today?

I’m still not at my best, but I’m not going to be stuck on a cheese adventure for like 8 hours.
Sets a pirate hat on Averyx’s head

Mmm have you been able to rest more?

Pirate’s hat? is this another pirate’s day? /Nibbles

A little. The mild fever makes things unpleasant. Also I had to fix my chair at like two in the morning. Stupid bolts must not have known I have a vast array of clamps.

There’s a pirate game called Atlas that starts on Thursday and I’m using my hype for boats to keep me from panicking over the fact that I still don’t know how my dad’s full body scan went. Because of the ship customization options, I’m hoping that I can take the frame from an English schooner, and build it up more Asian style. It should set it apart, and make for a lot of junk jokes.

Yeah, I know how that is /Holds
At…two in the morning? why?

I see, heh sounds like you’re gonna have a very original ship. So what is the objective of that game?

/leans
Well I was awake looking at my phone and saw that someone had posted a picture of the paint scheme I have been looking for in Fallout 76. Turns out it was some 24 hours only sale so I got up and went to my computer and as I sat down I heard the sound of two metal bolts hitting the floor.
So I had to go look for a hex wrench, and tighten them up…but they didn’t tighten. I’m guessing the wooden threading didn’t hold up to the metal bolts…so I covered the bolts in glue and clamped them to heck. 2am Eve is cranky.

Well it’s like a lot of other games I play where the objective is just to build stuff. In this case cities, forts, and boats. I mean there is also a lot of fighting sea monsters, and ships full of skeletons…and then putting on a diving suit and plundering ships underwater. The main draw other than being able to build is the sheer size of the map. It’s 45,000 real kilometers. There are like seven continents, over 750 islands and at least on the public severs more than 40,000 players all in a single world.

/Plays with Evé’s ears

Sounds like the plot of a sitcom where the character gets unlucky heh. How is the chair now? working fine?

Ohh I see, that sounds pretty cool and grand. Figure a game like that requires lots of memory? So all those players you mention, I suppose that’s the beta? since you say it’s gonna release on thursday.