GD: Do Not Nerf Tower Ranger Title 9.2.5

The nerf doesn’t bug me. Won’t stop me from working on layer 8.

1 Like

That is kind of lame. The jailers gauntlet is actually very difficult. My wife and I have been doing it as blood dk / demo warlock and are hard stuck on 7. It seems very lame to jsut give us all something we didn’t earn. Layer 4 is easy.

2 Likes

It was more of a gear check and good luck rng I believe, some classes can’t even solo this stuff.

I think they did it to make it more solo friendly. Since to get those item levels you had to do group content. I know I did layer 4 like the day after the patch and it was fun.

3 Likes

Yea, no. This is a nerf I agree with.

Tower Ranger is already a massive outlier requirement for the new Veilstrider title. If they continued to require Gauntlet 8, it’d be downright ridiculous.

2 Likes

Thanks for linking my thread and for everyone’s feedback. It truly is a shame they’ve nerfed it to the point where it is SO easily obtainable. It really just slapped every player in the face who put in all the effort to acquire the title. I know it can be an unpopular opinion to those who simply want to be granted all the achievements, transmogs, and mounts for simply logging into the game without succeeding in difficult content, so i appreciate seeing most people in support of my sentiments. Hopefully our voices will be heard.

4 Likes

But you didn’t address the issue properly IMO, you want to keep the value of layer 8 title, however Torghast has a lot of variants compared to the mage tower as example.

• Anima powers for different classes / spec / covenants

• Groups

• Gear (solo content player / M+,raid, pvp players).

I think that the council should ask for feedback on why this nerf happened and if instead they could do a new achievement for completing layer 8 solo (even when some classes has it easier compared to others) or that the new achievement as mentioned by Maizou require layer 4 instead of Tower Ranger.

There’s a lot of ideas that could be provided but your post didn’t take into account the overall gameplay rules around Torghast and how some classes have it easier, group compared to solo and why solo content players don’t get a boost on item lvl during the last season…etc thanks for your post, just as feedback.

IMO, some decisions should be more permanent due to the impact but also if they notice an issue like now that only 0.49% has completed it, it should be fixed ASAP even when a small % of players is impacted, instead of waiting and then fix it later impacting a bigger % and we need to take on consideration that Torghast won’t be a good evergreen feature taking on consideration all the anima powers around current talents, borrowed power compared to DF.

1 Like

I’m all for making the Veilstrider title more accessible because as I said in the other thread the JG layer 8 for Tower Ranger achievement was the only obstacle prereq wise to that. However I can understand where the players who have completed JG layer 8 comes from on this. I spent time coming up with my own strats and thousands of gold on consumables for a numerous amount of attempts soloing it on a class that struggles heavily compared to others that have better anima powers and can do it at lower item levels. If anything I would vouch for compensation like another mount or title for finishing JG layer 8.

2 Likes

Buddie, some classes can’t do it because their classes powers are too weak, and some classes like hunter can do it at 220 ilvl because of busted powers. This achievement has almost zero merit and the nerf is warranted because it’s unbalanced and you need it for the xpac title.

5 Likes

True, for this kind of achievement to have more value there should be like a better field like mage tower that gear scale to a specific ilvl, solo players don’t increase ilvl during the next season, some classes have good epics anima powers compared to others and some do this content as group or solo, I did the the first 4 layers with lower ilvl compared to the required and it was a good challenge but it was more like a personal goal, since a friend tried to help me but i rejected him because i want to do it by myself.

Sometimes the player can set his own personal goals without an achievement.

1 Like

First: You are SEVERELY insulting and talking down to everyone who thinks Gauntlet 8 is too much. We don’t want things from “just logging in.” - This post is one of the most condescending posts I’ve ever seen on these forums. And that’s saying a lot.

However, Tower Ranger was made a part of the Shadowlands Expansion Meta. They left all parts of endgame out of this achievement, as it’s meant to be for a casual player. (As endgame players already get their rewards in titles and mounts) There’s no M+ or Normal+ raid requirements. Tower Ranger’s requirements in comparison is ridiculous.

This is what is needed for Veilstrider, if you don’t want to click:

• Clear Castle Nathria in LFR+
  • Clear Sanctum in LFR+
  • Clear Sepulcher in LFR+
  • Do Tazavesh Hardmode (which isn’t hard, I might add. I did it in a PuG and we blew bosses up ignoring mechanics)
  • Complete the Zereth Mortis Campaign
  • Complete the Box of Many Things
  • Do the Faction Assault Achievements in the Maw
  • Upgrade your Sanctum to Max
  • Hit Renown 80 with all 4 Covenants
  • Finish all 4 Covenant Campaigns
  • Do the “major” achievement for each covenant - (AKA Get Exalted with Marasmius, finish the Abomination Factory stuff, etc.)
  • Do the Zereth Mortis Meta achievement
  • Do the new Maw Meta Achievement, kill all rares, special encounters, reach exalted, etc.

And then, randomly.

• Tower Ranger.

Notice how it’s all casual content except the last thing? Strange.

Tower Ranger is by and far the outlier on this list, even with the nerf. Without the nerf, it’s an asinine thing to have it on the list.

If anything, you should be petitioning for Tower Ranger to be removed from Veilstrider and replaced with something like Flawless Master 12, which is more in line with the rest of the achievements. Leaving Tower Ranger for the Torghast Lovers, and require Gauntlet 8.

But how it currently stands? No. Gauntlet 8 is too high of a requirement for a meta that’s meant to reward casual play.

On top of that, if you’re a demo warlock, a hunter who knows how to choose powers correctly, or a Brewmaster Necro monk, you will walk through Gauntlet 5-8, whereas for some classes, like rogue, it’s borderline impossible. (Not impossible, but borderline) Gauntlet 4 is the one that’s manageable for all classes. 5 is a MASSIVE difficulty jump and it just gets worse, and some classes get left behind. So requiring it for the Shadowlands meta would be crazy.

6 Likes

Regardless if things will stand the way it is, I had fun doing it just as a personal goal. It was an unfamiliar predicament as a mage doing JG on my own but I had to think like a tank and position frontals like ones coming from the Cellblock Sentinel away so that way my mirror images could continue free casting greater pyro or also flamestrike kiting away displaying the footwork and rotating defensives while stalling for offensive CDs to come back up. It was a true test for my class in a way of being able to succeed without hiding behind a tank and DPSing in pve content.

1 Like

There’s literally a brewmaster in the achievements discord who walked in and finished Layer 8 in less than 10 minutes because of how broken the powers are for a Necrolord Brewmaster.

The amount of possibilities around Torghast just diminish any sense of value IMO, now that i know this, I can go with my monk and check what makes OP that specific set up.

So, it should be more like a personal value that you completed it with your specific set up.

Jailer’s Gauntlet is too RNG heavy for people to claim you have to be good to get it. It’s more that you have to roll the dice 20,000 times so that you have the best starting powers, very few bosses that spam CC or AoE, have all the large rooms with plenty of space and no cliffs, and be the correct classes that have the most gamebreaking powers.

1 Like

IIRC the combo for Brewmaster is

With as many Corrosive as you can get. Then you pretty much just throw your Bonedust, and heal with vivify and things melt. There’s also a rare power that makes bonedust damage enemies that are CCd which works well with leg sweep.

Unity is a requirement, of course, cause it gives your abilities a chance to throw bonedust brew at your target.

1 Like

LMAO it doesn’t really matter when you can just play hunter and have permanent immunity and just walk through all 8 floors

Turtle fails if too many attacks hit you. I’ve died with Turtle up because of it lol.

Assuming they didn’t cheese it with broken enchants before their inevitable nerf.

lol the secret is to be BM then you wont get hit that much

Oh, I wasn’t aware this was a thing. I don’t bother with anything Torghast-related unless I’m really, really bored.