Gauging interest in Undead guild

I have been toying around with starting an evil aligned undead themed RP guild trying to gauge if there would be an interest. I have a few ideas both OOCly and ICly that will be listed below. Ultimately I would like some other mature people to collaborate with to refine these ideas, and assist with this project. As far as the RP events and story lines goes I’d love to have a more shared approach to these things. I have seen in the past a lot of RP guild’s have issues with GM burn out from running all the events or the plots are more or less just act as a device to make the GM’s character center of attention and all plots revolve around that character. I don’t want to be king edgelord I just want to play with other edgelords, if a person has something in mind as far as a “one shot” adventure or longer term story line then that person would be the official GM of the group for that adventure. Naturally we’d take turns and create ongoing “guild canon” as a team. If there’s interest I’d really see my role as guild lead as an administrative one. I’ll get a guild discord going, maybe a guild website to post character art/IC stores and help with events I am not running as needed.

I know that these sort of guilds are often seen as trouble, either acting in a manner beyond good taste or greifing others ICly. So I figured some basic rules will need to be laid out that we’d all agree to. This is by no means written in stone because if there’s interest we can refine them/change them together.

1:Consent is king, we’re RPing bad guys but we should not be bad people. Don’t go attacking people or involving our evil antics on people who aren’t interested or would feel uncomfortable.
2:Be mindful of where you are and be subtle. It is not of the realm of possibility that something like vivisecting a mecho-gnome to sell those cybernetic secrets to evil goblins to happen as part of a story line BUT that shouldn’t happen right in the middle of Valley of Honor and sinister activites likely should not be talked about openly in public spaces.
3:Likely the most important. Don’t be a jerk OOCly. If you think that saying something to a guildie or anyone else would be hurtful just don’t do it.

Like I said if people are interested we can add more or refine this but I think having a clear set of rules for membership is a good idea and can prevent issues with others. It will allow us to do our thing without causing trouble or harm to the people we’re sharing the server with.

As for the IC idea and as before these ideas can be modified if people are interested. The 8th Undercity auxiliary battalion was a force of Forsaken and Death Knights active during the War of Thorns and the fighting in Darkshore that was specialized in terror warfare, lightning plague bat mounted strikes and supply line disruption. Their doctrine was set with the plan to kill hope via breaking resisting forces with fear or to engage in such a horrible attack on “soft targets” that it would force defenders to meet them in combat serving as a distraction for the Deathstalkers activities in the field. In their wake the 8th left behind the gnawed bones of victims who have been cannibalized, desecrated icons of Elune and blight bomb traps. In the end the Horde was defeated and the 8th was tasked to cover the retreating Horde forces, left behind to continue their distraction tactics and disrupt counter attacks on those leaving the theater. Trapped in hostile lands they were nearly wiped out and those who survived returned to a Horde that had no need of their talents. On thin ice with the council lead Horde and suspected of being Banshee Queen loyalists they are only marginally tolerated because of their unit’s sacrifice covering the retreat and their desire to fight the Black Empire’s invasion. They now must decide their future and survive as outcasts in the Horde and hated monsters in the eyes of the Alliance.

If anyone is interested please contact me on Dawnblood, Naglfar or on Btags at Legate1138#1960

5 Likes

Torn between rogue and hunter for this

1 Like

I would welcome any help with this. If I can get enough people who are interested together I would not mind helping out farming battle of Darkshore sets to establish a uniformed look.

1 Like

so i ve been trying to think of a motive for being a Sylvanas loyalist.

WHAT IF, our toons has the general idea of her plan. just that souls are empowering her and whoevers in the shadowlands.

so, natural conclusion is shes going to carve out some real estate for her followers in the shadowlands

makes sense for my toon since noone seems to be interested in reversing the curse of undeath, and a Sylvanas ruled afterlife is way better than whatever hell they’d be predestined to…simply for being undead

1 Like

I think it would make sense to be honest. Better to rule in hell then be a slave in heaven after all. I figured that we’d not be an overtly Banshee Queen loyalist guild but they’d find a safe space within the ranks. If questioned by those outside the 8th we’d simply say we served the Horde, much in the same manner as Sylvanas said to Garrosh.

I would honestly want both loyalists and non-loyalists in the guild as some degree of IC disagreement could create IC story and conflict. My death knight for example isn’t a loyalist but that is largely stemming from the fact that he saw her as failing to break the rebels as opposed to any moral issues he had with her rule.

1 Like

I am totally down with this guild concept. Either for Anzl or more likely someone new. (That 120 token keeps staring at me when I log on.) And I absolutely love to farm. (I have 5 personal guild banks on WRA alone, just for mats.) So if you want appearances etc, I’ll help out where necessary.

3 Likes

I’d love any support in this project. I think I am going to pull the trigger on it and open up recruitment. So if you or any other interested parties are want to get this going feel free to reach out to me in game.

I’ll start working on a real recruitment thread and setup the discord today.

2 Likes

I’m at a tabletop game for the afternoon. If you get stuff going on discord, you can send an invite to me at Gizzerblinky#6863 of you’d like.

I have been looking for a committed antagonist for some of the events in the RP series we have been doing, the Lordaeron reclamation venture. If that might be of interest. Can be a double tab or more in depth.

Strictly speaking about the Shadowlands however, Nos has always been an outspoken anti-Sylvanas event host. His energy is directed to more constructive ends in the current social situation, but when Shadowlands happen, the RP series ends.

I have been thinking about making it my last expansion. Nos might decide to go hunting for the hateful Banshee, Nos would encounter his true death at the hands of such devoted followers of Sylvanas.

2 Likes

Oh, Mr. Nos. You know how conflicted Anzl has been. She likes you and wants to help you. Yet she wants to find her own purpose. She has had several mentors over the years, each abandoning her for different reasons. So while she may not agree with you, she could never hurt you. This could be be interesting indeed.

The Blight, cacophonic and glorious, consumed the great once-capital of Lordaeron. The weight of his blade was dulled; her spine was a half-hearted burden to the skeletal remnants of his restless soul. He rose, grey-dead lichen and earth falling from his form as he stood. The mountain held him long enough. There was work to do.

This is a wonderful idea, and wholly concurrent with the (presumed) oncoming story elements that Blizzard Entertainment has put forth. If there is a tally for interest in your concept, Dawnblood, be certain that I am amongst it. If you do, in fact, pull the trigger I will be keeping an (undead) eye out for any postings.

Here is the link to the recruitment thread. Expect some more information to come and possibly a name change to the guild itself soon as it was originally just a vanity guild for my DK.