Gathering professions give no xp

as of patch 4.0.1 gathering professions,skinning aside,are supposed to be giving xp,but thats not true in the beta.
In case this isnt intended for the beta test it should be fixed unless it is to be removed on our version.

I sent an bug report when beta started (give or take). Hopefully its just something they have not ‘turned on’ yet.

2 Likes

I reported the bug as well but yea
who knows if they will have it running as expected

1 Like

Yup also missing the xp reward from archeology, raised a bug report for that too

1 Like

when beta started it wouldn’t of gave any exp cause that was before Cata that was still wrath just testing the rework of zones the exp didn’t happen till cata launched my guess like almost everything else its bugged atm also Archeology dosen’t give exp only for lvling it cause its a secondary profession only gathering ones (mining, herb, skinning) gave exp

Nope, archeology absolutely gave xp in original cata I levelled my first cata toon using it to avoid the traffic jams in hyjal and vashir.

2 Likes

The beta did not start in ‘wrath’, the reworked zones are not part of wrath and it was version 4.4 which contained the cata system updates

this was not added until MoP or legion profesions giving xp something they should never add to classic.

“New to Patch 4.0.1, mining, herbalism, and archeology grant XP. Skinning does not grant XP . This experience gain is actually larger than a mob kill by 2x to 4x (at pre-60 levels, the multiplier varies wildly as level mismatches between herbs/ore gathered and mobs fought can be great” do some research than saying random opinions,thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Would love to see this get at least an acknowledgement from Blizzard on this as it remains absent from any known issues or bug report lists.