Gatherers can't improve Consortium rep

Since we dont have any work orders, there is no way for someone who has 2 gatherer profession to improve our reputation for the Consortium.
What can we do about that ?

2 Likes

Do quest chain and weeklies.

You’re confused, there are no weeklie for gatherers.

You are confused because there are.

1 Like

Can you link/name them then?

1 Like

One sample quest is listed there, you can probably search on wowhead for them, but I did mining, skinning, and herbalism quests this week, they all start from the mining/herbing/skinning areas in valdrakken, I think you must have 25 skill points to see them though… maybe 50, not sure.

Oh yeah that one. Certain professions get one on TOP of that one for work orders and it gives a lot more rep.

1 Like

Yea, so 125 rep for one quest a week.
It would take approximately 10 years to reach the highest level of reputation.

1 Like

Just look up the profession shuffle. Everyone else has been doing it since launch…

Only blatant cheaters prepared to exploit an obvious and utterly stupid mistake by the designers have been doing that.

Which I admit is, a depressingly large amount of people.

4 Likes

Its reached a level where its like the only way to not be almost permanently a month+ behind the depressingly large amount of people who did it…

I’m still furious that blizzard left this in. It was known about before launch and if they had just put some sort of cooldown on it could have easily fixed it. I posted about this here myself pretty early on trying to get blizzards attention and instead got my 1st post removed and was silenced for my 2nd post. Only to have subsequent posts by others left up and ignored.

And this certainly had a massive negative impact on the economy and those who will never really get a chance to participate on any meaningful level. Its the same reason i have issue with how they do beta as it also lets people use that time to learn about what to do with professions to gain a massive advantage. And if you are going to make such a complex crafting system and thus whole new economy giving that advantage to a select few is a massive mistake. But it would seem blizzard needs to screw things up somewhere with their releases…

Oh god, now there are two of them.

The gathering weekly yields as much rep as the combined crafting weeklies.

Everyone is so antsy to be pissed off about something.

Do…do they give anything other than crafting recipes anyway?

Use the Contract for them and get rep from wq, dailies, weeklies.

1 Like

Knowledge increase.

1 Like

knowledge points bought with mettle.

And it does feel a lot harder with gatherers. Just unlocking the faction so they could start actually giving rep quests took effort in my gathering druid. But, IDK past that point.

I find it hard trying to gain rep for them to begin with. I’m only valued. They made professions for hardcore players lol.

I think it’s more that casual players have gotten used to following a step by step guide that holds their hands the entire way.

It’s not that it’s all that hard, it’s that you have to figure stuff out on your own.

1 Like

nah it feels bad. professions are so time gated im starting to get sick of it but you can always use the treastie things or whatever that gives you 15 rep for your chosen thing. good thing we get tiny rep for the 5 wq we get every 3 days. you still need to get renown going and that is taking forever so if you didn’t exploit early then have fun getting your profession anywhere by the end of the expansion lol

Ah, that’s right. Yeah, that is sorta important…