Gamma setting is reset each logout since 10.0.7

it’s more of an inconvenience than anything, but the game doesn’t seem to remember my gamma setting as of the latest patch, so I have to adjust it each time I open the game

I haven’t noticed any other graphic settings resetting

EDIT: since making this post I’ve seen a couple other threads on the subreddit pointing out other graphic settings that have been reset on people, so clearly something with the patch broke the way it’s saving some of our settings

19 Likes

same here ever since the patch

4 Likes

Glad you posted. I just rebuilt my computer and thought I screwed something up.

7 Likes

Same. I asked in trade chat but no one related. What GPU are you guys using? Mine is GTX 1660 super.

1 Like

Same here on a RTX 3070 Ti.

1 Like

Same here. Using RTX 3070.

1 Like

I’ve never needed to change the gamma setting on my game but it has been noticed that the max foreground fps toggle has been turned off every time i log in. and an extra folder was created in my wow folder. may all be related.

1 Like

same, gamma reset to 0 everytime I log in…character screen looking all dark ewwww…what a weird thing to be happening after a patch lol.

1 Like

yep, I’ve seen that there’s some other settings people are having this issue with, I just happened to notice with my Gamma

I’m using a GeForce GTX 1080

2 Likes

Same issue here since patch…

1 Like

Update: mine broke again. I fixed it by deleting AuraFrames addon if you have it installed.

1 Like

hmm, I don’t seem to have this same issue, when I checked my config file the gamma line was normal

Yep happening on mine 3080ti goes from 1.5 to 1 after logg out

1 Like

Same here for me. have to change it back each time I log in. It does carry from character to character as I switch toons, but resets if I exit the game.

Been having the same issue.

Same here., gamma is reset on each launch.
Other settings changed were view distance and shadow detail.

I’ve got separate raid enabled, but those haven’t changed.

AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

Same issue, running DF on RX6400 on GE Proton Wine, Linux.
Gamma persist between game logouts but resets once the game exits completely.
Thought the update broke something on Wine but judging from the comments, it doesn’t seem to be.

happened first day after patch, and was fine until today, now it’s every logout it resets to 1.

same here… Max Foreground FPS and Gamma get reset every time i run the game.

Also! every time i die, after i release, or sometimes just change zones, my sound settings default to 100% on everything. and i have to /reload to put them back to w/e they were (around 15%)

so when i die in a raid i have to mute my game so i can still hear my team. altho the warning WA’s are still loud as hell and i cant exactally wait for 45s while i /reload in a fight

1 Like

OK , good I thought I was going crazy so its a “them” issue not a “us” issue i have a 3080OC and was stressing either that or my monitor was bugging