Gaming Headset for Brain Issues

Hi all, I recently had a pretty nasty concussion and it’s causing all sort of post concussive trauma issues. Mainly, the weirdest things are triggering migraines. In this case, it’s any type of over the head headphones.

I picked up the Bose QuietComfort 35II headset thinking that since it’s Bose it should be better. But it triggered a two hours migraine within 30 seconds of use. I think its the way headphones squeeze my head (I have a rather large head.) I returned them the same day.

I need recommendations on headphones that either go around the back of the head, or only attach to the ears. I’m not an audiophile so I don’t know any terminology.

Basically, I am looking for excellent quality sound, noise cancellation, and something that comes with a dongle. (My PC doesn’t have Bluetooth.) It doesn’t need a microphone as I can buy that separately; but if it has to come with one, I prefer a built in mic. I can’t stand the ones that stick out.

$500 is how much I’m willing to throw down, I want a good set as my neurologist has no idea how long these headaches will last. If I have to just nix the idea of headphones then of course I will, but I thought I’d reach out to the community for help before crossing that bridge.

Great group of folks here, thanks so much in advance.

Frank

Headset is going to be earbuds or a light headset like the SHP-9500.

Microphone? If desktop is your flavor, I suggest Shure. If you’re looking to accessorize your headphone, get the VModa

1 Like

Took your advice and ordered the SHP-9500, the reviews all said it’s light and doesn’t feel like a vice on your head, lol. Gonna go the vmoda route for the headset, as I don’t want a mic on my desk.

Appreciate the help, Shrew!