Gameplay restrictive talent (Dusk and dawn)

Hey,

Dusk and dawn has potential to be a good talent but it’s currently very restricted in how you’re forced to play as both the buffs are 20 seconds long.

To maintain these buffs you need to generate 5 holy power and then go to 0 holy power then back up to 5 and back and forth. These buffs are on seperate timers and it that way controls how you have to spend and generate holy power. It’s simply not fun for holy and thus I’d like to see it redesigned to make the gameplay less restricted for holy paladins.

It would be great to see this talent reworked so that either you have alot longer time to get the other buff (like 25s) or that you cycle between the buffs. It could be also be an idea to make Zealot’s Paragon stronger to make it competitve with Dusk and Dawn (so that you might not play Dusk and Dawn at all). Another option would be to change it so you don’t have to go to 0/5 holy power but instead you just need to build a total amount of holy power on a buff to get the next buff allowing players to now generate/spend their holy power however they want.

7 Likes

I hate to be that guy who brings up his own class but brewmaster has a similar problem with “current level of stagger” they basically want us to sit with a huge dot to maximize our defensive abilities that scale with the amount of stagger we are sitting on. This is basically making either the brewmaster or the healers life hell. They had a similar problem in legion I believe where brewmasters had to sit down to take extra damage to account for a endgame boss mechanic.

Its a good idea on paper but in PvE and PvP its basically bad. My defensives slowly ramping up is a good idea but when certain things hit extremely hard in the begninning of a fight I shouldnt be sweating just because my main talents and mechanic havent caught up with the times. Especially in PvP when players try to do the most amount of damage in a small amount but a large portion of my defensives and talents are built around waiting for stagger to build. Very similar with how they are forcing people into playing with Dusk and Dawn. I remember someone explaining this to me on my ret and saying “thats kinda kool” but then playing it was basically terrible.