Gameplay Questions

Returning player here. I quit during BfA, and I’m having some problems with the new interface that I can’t figure out.

I like to play a healer. (My name, “Heals, you suck,” is something I heard a couple of times when I was a new healer, so I made a name out of it, as a tribute to my fledgling days.) And the problem is that I prefer using raid windows when I’m in group, as they’re easier to work with and do the mouseover commands. But since these interface changes, I can’t find the means to convert my group windows to raid windows.

Also, when I’m in BGs, the raid windows I prefer are there, but now each group is separate, which caused the windows with players to be much wider, blocking my view of the BG. Is there a way to undo the raid windows so that the players are not separated into groups?

Also, is there a way to move my character icon? It’s practically in the middle of the screen, and I absolutely hate it there.

That’s Blizzard for you. “It’s not broken! Therefore we must fix it!”

ur portrait profile can be changed in edit mode as for the rest im not realy sure.

When in EDIT MODE, click the Party Frame and it will pop up a menu. Click the option to use Raid-Style Party Frames.

When in EDIT MODE, click your portrait and you can then move it around the screen as you like

When in EDIT MODE, click the RAID FRAMES and a menu will pop up with options to adjust the frames.

2 Likes

Thank you very much, Darthwraith and Kyzera. My layout is much more to my liking.

I was also able to lower that three stack of action bars, too. One off the things that annoyed me about it is that when I acquired something new, the new item message window covered part of the top bar, so I couldn’t click on icons in the top bar, because that stupid new item window was in the way.

And if I started to mouseover before it faded completely, it would come right back again, in all its vibrant glory. Ugh! So annoying.

You’re welcome.

The special loot window isn’t part of the normal EDIT MODE unfortunately, but I do believe there are addons that will expand the EDIT MODE to include that loot window.

If anyone’s taking suggestions, there ought to be a chat group in this forum reserved for gameplay questions. General Discussion seems to be for veteran members to discuss current issues with gameplay, but nothing is dedicated to helping new players or returning players to get information on gameplay.

We do have a New Player forum as well as one for Returning Players.

New Player: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/c/guides/new-player-help-guides/33

Returning Player: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/c/guides/returning-help/34