Gameplay =/ Lore

Hi, I’m Banrok, you probably don’t know me, I haven’t posted here in a long time.

Why does this matter so much to you again?

1 Like

you’re having fun wrong

1 Like

YOU’RE having fun wrong, man!

dunks basketball over Lio’s head

missed utterly.

3 Likes

Welcome to the show my guy! As you can see, my fanclub is here and at full force 8)

Sad to see that you agree with some of the more irrational arguments, though, but we can’t be unbiased at all times. :man_shrugging:

This is the essence of the post. Most spells/abilities are basic and can fit into RP. Writing your abilities like that, however, is nonsensical - and that’s because those abilities exist for gameplay purposes. A simple concept… but I guess not.

I dunno the post sparked a discussion so yeah?

I love losing RP fights, but I only lose to better RPers.

Again, this is for gameplay purposes. NPCs are meant to challenge players, so giving them abilities that makes for interesting gameplay makes sense.

o7

If these issues were imaginary I wouldn’t spend my time trying to discuss them. Why can’t they be imaginary?

/= is an equal with a slash through it. Are you a programmer?

Also that guy has it down to a T, I think.

Roxane… pls try to figure out what I’m doing and get back to me.

Sorry Quinn, but you’ve commented 6 times on this post alone. Talk about obsession lol. I guess you can’t get enough of your boy Soljeron, huh? You may have to get in line…

Sorry champ, but as much as you want this to be true, I’m trying to discuss an issue. If others want to try and derail/start drama then that is their issue, not mine.

If you’re so mature, you’d ignore this thread and stop giving it any attention, but you won’t because you love drama. Idk

cause bad writing is cringey and makes me feel weird AND is easily corrected (I’ve helped a few people improve their RP, admittedly most think they know better)

Anyways came back from a long night so I’ll respond to the rest when I can next, keep the discussion going and if you don’t want to add anything to counter my arguments then you don’t need to post (just a reminder even though I’m irresistible, I know).

What if your style of RP is cringy and weird to them?

1 Like

Considering that we RP for a bit I’d have to say that they don’t think that. I’ve tried intentionally cringy RPs for fun and I get shut down pretty quick. :man_shrugging:

What do you mean by intentionally cringy RP?

more or less irrational than “you’re paying $15 a month but having your fun you pay for wrong”? asking for a friend

that must be often

because they’re perceived from your point of view, IE an opinion

says the guy who probably ate a forum suspension for his first time around and immediately makes the same thread again

personal problem, sorry dog

2 Likes

Nuance, emotion, happiness, fun…

1 Like

you forgot “mirth”

1 Like

Back on his BS I see

Creativity too?

…ahahahahaha i feel sorry for these poor souls

…yah, take a hint man :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Personally, I like to get creative with what my characters are capable of based off their personalities, skills, experience and using their class abilities as a sort of reference guide, I love using techniques or known spells and trying to add a description of how they look in action or how they effect the appearance of my character depending on how they’re activated.

3 Likes

Azalia, sister of Varian, black dragon, and archmage of the Kirin Tor. I’d engage with people, some receptive but most unwilling to engage (I even got some nasty whispers about my choice of RP and how it went against the lore… these made me feel like roleplaying again). The funny part was when I got along with an RPer only for them to backpedal when I’d encounter them with their friends - cause like I said, RPing with a lorebreaker is a hard sell to your friends.

That’s one example, but I’ve tried a couple others to the same/better results.

I’m still waiting for a source dude.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Raise your shield, reflecting all spells cast on you. Lasts 3 sec. <- Take it from the spell’s text. It’s literally raising your shield to send a spell back to its caster. Is a warrior granted some godlike ability to reverse magic by simply using their shield?

… no.

A mage is not about to warp the fabric of time to enhance their own and their allies within 30 yds abilities, either. A rogue’s poison isn’t going to last 30 seconds and wear off, too. Etc.

what if it’s a magic shield

what about all the chronomancy we see in Suramar

1 Like

I asked for a source that specifically debates a Warrior’s ability to, physically or through other means, redirect a spell back or in any other direction.

I am waiting.

5 Likes