Game spams say channel then disconnects randomly?

Once every few days, my game seizes up. When the screen catches up again, it shows that I’ve spammed a mixture of gibberish and fragmented sentences to the say channel, followed by like twenty rows of system messages telling me I can’t send that many messages that fast. Then the game disconnects. Sometimes it also triggers spells randomly when the chat spam happens.

I’ve checked my PC using Windows Defender and Malware Bytes, and neither turned up any possible culprits. I also changed my battle.net password, but that didn’t stop it. I have no clue what could be causing this. I found a forum post from 2011 that sounded similar but there was no solution in the comments. What on earth is happening to my game??

Hi Nahaluna

Let’s start off with your DXDiag system report:

The second section of page has DXDiag report instructions - we don’t require the MSinfo report.

That will be a wall of text. If you have issues pasting on the Forum here go ahead and put it up on pastebin.com. Provide the link code portion of the URL - example below.

(The green bold portion at the end of the link: https://pastebin.com/**Qk28Ed1P**)

Here’s my pastebin link code: LTKPHmD9

And thank you for helping me!

Looks like you need some updates here. First Windows is running on the Redstone 4 version from April 2018. There are two newer versions - Redstone 5 and the recent 19H1 (1903) versions. Windows doesn’t automatically apply those major updates.

Type Update in the windows search box. Click on Check for Updates. The next screen that opens will be the update pane. It will likely say “You’re up to date”. Ignore that untruth then click the button below labeled - Check for Updates

Now be warned that will start updating everything. It will take some time. Once it is done continue to click the button until you truly have no updates.

Note - The 19H1 (1903) update is on a staggered release. It is possible it may not be available to your machine as yet. If that is the case we will download then install.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

update is at top of page - May 2019 update

One thing at a time here - that update will take some time. Let me know then I want to run some Windows System File checks to make sure things are correct.

It took two or three checks but I am now all caught up on system updates.

The next thing to update is the Nvidia driver Nahaluna - download is here:

Sorry I didn’t reply yesterday, I was having issues with my NVIDIA update. I did solve the problem but I also think I figured out what’s causing the weird spam and I don’t think it’s WoW-related. I have a Logitech G910 keyboard and I noticed the weird things happen when I press the G5 key (which I do accidentally sometimes because it’s next to the left Ctrl key). So I think the issue is the G5 key, unfortunately.

What issue was the Nvidia install giving you. We could check that the driver installed - not some outdated driver Windows decided to install. Run a new DXDiag report.