Game Recommendations

I’m taking a break from WoW and am looking for some fun, single-player games to give a try. I’m not a huge gamer, so haven’t tried a ton of other titles. I have enjoyed RPGs like the Neverwinter Nights, Dragon Age, Witcher, and Mass Effect series. I actually haven’t tried Skyrim, mostly because I’m put off by the first-person perspective, but I might give that a shot. I’m looking forward to Baldur’s Gate 3 to give you an additional idea of what I enjoy. I was looking forward to Cyberpunk, but given reaction to the release, I believe it is not even worth the time. Not sure, though.

Anyway, I’m hoping to get some recommendations. I appreciate all help!

CP2077 is still a fun game despite it’s flaws, but only if you have a decent PC. Don’t view it as a really in depth RPG like Skyrim or any other ES games, but it does have some decent amount of gameplay. The main quest line is pretty short but if you do the side quests you can easily sink 100+ hours in.

Based on the titles you’ve mentioned, you might enjoy the more recent Assassin’s Creed games, such as Origins, Odyssey, and Valhalla. They are open world RPG lite games, with quests, gear, and levels.

Tyranny and Pillars of Eternity.

I don’t think you are required to play Skyrim in first-person perspective, I played it waaaay back in the PS3 days on the first release and I remember you could switch between first and third-person views.

You can try some Fromsoftware games and see if you like them. Dark Souls games are fantastic single player games with a ton of replayability potential. They are hardly as difficult as people make them to be.

Can also try a dark-souls lite game such as Code Vein, which even I as a pretty terrible player managed to beat it.

Then if you like it, and want a greater challenge, try real DS.

1 Like

What about the Witcher.

I don’t want tubers reviews. Seeking wow players opinions. No mmo for sure I’m disgusted atm

I started playing the franchise when warcraft got out in the mid 90’s.

Time has come to leave this generation of rotten developers. To skip a beat. I just hope for a quick wipe out and a fresh start on a blank slate. or else I’ll have to play the boardgame if arthritis gets to me first.

What’s the company name the old OG team founded already?

Not sure if you enjoy japanese /‘weeb styled’ games, but Nier Replicant and it’s sequel Nier Automata are solid single player action-rpg games. The story as well for both games are emotional roller coasters and have huge twists so if you do decide to look it up, look up gameplay trailers as its easy to run across spoilers.

Also both games have 10/10 soundtracks. Probably one of the OSTs that I would listen to from start to finish without skipping.

1 Like

I sing weight of the world in the shower.

And I’m a dude lol

I’m a fan of JRPGs or any anime action games. Some of the ones I like:

• “Tales of…” games - Tales of Arise is going to be released in a couple of months.
  • Atelier series - Atelier Ryza 1 & 2 are the latest
  • Scarlet Nexus
  • God Eater series - people say it’s like an anime Monster Hunter

Can’t wait for Tales of Arise.

Thought about trying Scarlet Nexus because I enjoyed Code Vein, but couldn’t get into the God Eater games for some reason. The God Eater games felt less story focused than Code Vein did, somehow even though that was pretty weak in story.

Age of Empires 4 will be releasing end of October I believe…I would get that if you’re into RTS. It’s both single and multiplayer, I personally can’t wait to get it.

SWTOR is pretty fantastic if you want to play alone, though you might get bored at end-game.

DOOM (2016) Is the best FPS since Half-Life 2, if you like that kind of thing.

If you’re open to older games, Steam has some of the old Star Wars games like Rebellion, the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series, and Galactic Battlegrounds. They’re good cheap options.

1 Like

Loved Doom 2016. Eternal sucks. Too much platforming, jumping puzzles, etc. Just doesn’t feel like the same kind of game.

Good to know. I still haven’t pulled the trigger on that one, pun intended. I’ll wait for the price to drop. DOOM 2016 ranks in the top 5 FPS for me, after probably DOOM 2, Half-Life 2, Duke Nukem 3D, and possibly Jedi Knight Academy (depending on the day for that last one.)

This sums up pretty much how I feel about it.

I noticed a game called The Order: 1886 that’s only playable on the PS4. I only use a PC to game, so I cannot play that one. But, I was really intrigued by the setting and premise of that game. An alternative 19th Century London with some steampunk-ish elements along with Jack the Ripper and Knights of Camelot thrown in for good measure.

I would love to find a game I could play on PC with a similar Victorian-era timeline, perhaps with an alternative timeline aspect to it. I realize it’s a different location than London, but I’m curious if Red Dead Redemption has any elements that might meet that feeling.

Actually – a game with the feeling of the Karazhan raid would be awesome!

Thanks!

Skyrim has a 3rd person view. Also, Elder Scrolls Online is an mmo with no monthly fees and can be played like a single player game, even though you see other people running around.

Also playing Star Wars Jedi: fallen order and it looks pretty good.