Game of Thrones Discussion thread

There’s not a megathread for discussing Game of Thrones, so let’s get one started before the premiere!

With one week remaining I’ve just finished rewatching the series to refresh my point of view. Who do you think will sit on the Iron Throne?

(Side note, though I can’t see anything like it happening, wouldn’t it be cool to get some event in game to commemorate the series? Perhaps during the finale…or rather right after…

1 Like

Dany will sit on the Iron Throne. I’ve always believed this. She’ll probably be pregnant with Jon’s child.

T̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶a̶i̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶w̶o̶ ̶d̶r̶a̶g̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶e̶. Doh!

Her brother, Tyrion, will continue to be her Hand (I think Tyrion is the illegitimate child of Joanna Lannister and the Mad King.)

J̶o̶n̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶d̶i̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶r̶ ̶a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶W̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶W̶a̶l̶k̶e̶r̶s̶. If only :roll_eyes:

Jaime will kill Cersei. He’ll see that there is no way to save or change her. He’ll die doing it or take his life. (I was kind of right. He did bring her down to the crypts.)

I think Sansa will end up Queen of the North. Dany won’t make the Starks rejoin the Seven Kingdoms.

Dany will legitimize Gendry and give the Baratheons Casterly Rock. (Half right)

I think the line of Lannister’s will be over when Tyrion dies.

The Hound will kill his brother then leave to be a drifter.
(Half right)

Arya will be Sansa’s Master of Arms and Brienne will be her Queen’s Guard.

T̶h̶e̶ ̶O̶n̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶K̶n̶i̶g̶h̶t̶,̶ ̶B̶r̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶T̶o̶r̶m̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶a̶b̶l̶y̶ ̶d̶i̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶r̶. Fail.

Bran will disappear into the North.

I don’t know or care what happens to the Greyjoys.

Almost forgot about Sam. He’s going to stay at Winterfel. Probably become the maester there.

1 Like

That’s gotta be the most optimistic list ever :’)

I agree with quite a few things you think will happen, sans Dany getting the Iron Throne. While I hope this happens, it just doesn’t seem likely to me.

Tyrion is not Dany’s uncle. I think the fan theory is a load of baloney but even if it was true, that would make him her elder brother since they both share the same father (Mad King)

No it’s not. I think making Jon’s heritage so obvious (I had it figured out almost 20 years ago) is to hide who Tyrion really belonged to. The signs are there.

• Tyrion is deformed. This could be a result of a family inbreeding for hundreds if not thousands of years.
  • The Mad King was furious when Joanna wed Tywin because he wanted her for himself. Here’s a quote from A Dance With Dragons
    “Prince Aerys, as a youth, he was taken with a certain lady of Casterly Rock, a cousin of Tywin Lannister. When she and Tywin wed, your father drank too much wine at the wedding feast and was heard to say that it was a great pity that the lord’s right to the first night had been abolished. A drunken jape, no more, but Tywin Lannister was not a man to forget such words, or the liberties your father took during the bedding.” - Selmy to Daenerys.
  • Tyrion has brown/black hair in the show but in the book he has white hair.
  • Tyrion has a purple eye.
  • Tyrion was obsessed with dragons and fire. He would dream about both all the time… just like Dany.
  • Last but not least is Tywin’s own words: “I cannot prove you are mine” and “You are no son of mine.”

No it wouldn’t, not legally. Tyrion is an illegitimate child. His last name should probably be Dragon or Fire, whatever they would give a kid born out of wedlock. Dany is a true-born child of Aerys.

1 Like

There must always be a Night King!

2 Likes

Somebody: Without its master’s command, the White Walkers will be a greater threat to this world. Control must be maintained, for there must always be a Night King.
Thunderstrike
Jon Snow looks at the dragonglass blade that created the NK
Jon Snow: The weight of such a burden. It must be mine for there is-
Bran: JON!
Jon looks up and sees Bran being tangled with vines and looking frail and aged up
Jon Snow: Bran! By all that is holy…
Bran: The Children’s gift has sealed my fate, the world of the living can no longer comfort me. Place the arrow to my heart and I will forever be jailer of the damned.
Jon Snow: No brother, I cannot do this.
Bran: You must do this Jon, you and your au- I mean girlfriend has some grim destinies ahead, this last act of service is mine.
Jon nods and gets ready to shove the arrowhead into Bran’s chest
Jon Snow: You will not be forgotten brother.
Bran: I MUST BE FORGOTTEN! If the world needs to be safe from the tyranny of fear then they must never know what happened this day.
Jon proceeds to shove the arrowhead into Bran’s chest, causing a icy substance to cover him and turn his eyes blue
Bran: Tell them that the Night King is dead, (voice deepens) and that Bran Stark died with him.
Bran: Leave now! Leave this place and never return!

2 Likes

They never actually showed Hodor die…

The Internet would actually explode, if in one of the first episodes they flash back to him outside that door. Then maybe that one undead dude, who hangs around outside (didn’t he bump into Bran?) pops up and helps.

Then maybe Hodor, with his newfound “self” after coming around from what “Hodor” has been all this time, gets trained by that undead dude and later pops up with some huge spear made of dragon glass!

While I’ve always held onto the theory that Tyrion is a Targaryen (book version hair + eye, and also the fact that V & R didn’t eat him in the crypts, but understood him) IF Aerys took bedding liberties on the wedding night, that would make Cersei and Jaime the Targaryen bastards.

1 Like

Maybe. They all might be Targaryen. You have to be mad or borderline mad to want to sleep with your siblings.

But I think Jaime and Cerci are Lannisters, especially Cerci. Just because you have sex with someone doesn’t always result in a pregnancy.

1 Like

Very true. So he would have had an ongoing affair with their mother then? That I would believe.

1 Like

I don’t think it was an affair. I bet it was forced. The Mad King loved being really terrible to Tywin.

1 Like

Most likely forced, yes. I shouldn’t have said affair as it assumes both parties are willing. Split between the forums and watching last ep of s7 atm and it’s the dragonpit meeting currently.

1 Like

Well, I’m pretty stoked about tonight. I was really resistant to getting into the show but with GRRM’s contempt towards his book fans, I figured I might as well give it a go if I wanted any kind of conclusion this century.

1 Like

I am stoked and also dreading this final season.

I want my favorites to live! Unfortunately I have a feeling that

the one that will sit on the iron throne will be The Night King

1 Like

That’s what most of my state looks like today. Apparently Michigan is really excited for Game of Thrones.

1 Like

Me in 5 minutes

1 Like

Yeah my husband just came in the room “IS IT ON YET?!”

1 Like

We got our snacks, end table lamps off, surround sound on!

And we wait…