Game "Incompatable" Mac OS 14.4.1

I was in the game all day and took a break, came back about 9pm and all servers were “Incomparable”.

9:11 PM PST I checked for Mac OS update and downloaded Sonoma 14.4.1

Restarted Mac, tried to load the game, and it’s still Incomparable. Usually I can restart my machine and the launcher will show up with an update but that doesn’t happen. I have NO idea what I need to do in order to play again.

I’ve looked in Applications > World of Warcraft and there is a “World of Warcraft Launcher” but when I try to open that I get error…
“The application “World of Warcraft Launcher” can’t be opened”

If I go to Applications > World of Warcraft >_retail >World of Warcraft and initiate that file it brings me to the usual WOW login page, and then back to cant log in because all server are “incompatible”.

How can I solve this?

Thanks in advance for any help

You need to open the Battle.net app. The “Incompatible” notification means the server side version was updated and requires a client update in order to play again. This notification has nothing to do with macOS updates.

Open the Battle.net app and click Update for WoW. Let it complete the patching process before you click Play or else you’ll corrupt your game files.

2 Likes

I don’t have a battle.net app on my Mac

Strike that! I was looking for the Battle.Net App the World of Warcraft folder on my Mac, and it’s not there because in the Mac file system “Battle.Net” is a separate application.

Thank you Tiapriestess :grinning:

Correct. It’s not part of WoW any more than it’s part of Hearthstone or Overwatch 2 or Call of Duty.

It’s like Steam. And, like Steam, you need to run it to update your installed games even if you launch the game directly from its own executable.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what “Steam” is since I only play WOW but I get what you mean, and it makes sense now. Thanks :grinning: I made myself a document in Pages on what to do when this happens again.

2 Likes

Ah, and I thought I was being super universal talking about Steam, which is the launcher and game shop application run by the Valve game publishing company. I think it has the biggest library in the industry but if you only play Blizzard games (or just one) that wouldn’t matter.

I mean, I thought I was super picky because I play two games, but one of them is in Steam.

1 Like