Game freezing sorta?

Have been having issues since latest patch where game will freeze after running for a random amount of time. The freezing is weird where it’ll freeze and take the rest of my pc out with it, my pc returns to normal after 2 or 3 seconds but the wow freezing can take up to 15 seconds to come out of it, after wow unfreezes the game crashes to desktop then opens up again a second later exactly where i was. Sometimes theres a massive sound glitch too and the freezing seems to be completely random, sometimes happens after 5 minutes of playing and happens sporadically or other times it takes like an hour to start freezing but will then start crashing more and more often. One time had myself stuck in a torghast run because game would freeze, recover and then freeze again 20 seconds later aaaand repeat for 30 minutes. Really annoying as this makes it super hard to do any multiplayer content and have heard quite a few other people say they are also experiening similar freezing.

Please reply with a DxDiag report for troubleshooting.

In the meantime, try these steps:

Unsure how to upload files to forums but i copied into a pastebin link, https://pastebin.com/rhWDyMV7

I have tried lots of fixes for this like repairing game files and closing other programs and whatnot. Nothing has seemed to fix it so far

Event Name: D3DDRED2
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: VEN_10DE

A clean install of the GPU drivers may help, as there are crashes in the report.

Sorry for the late reply, haven’t played in a few days. Have done a clean install of new drivers available for my card and this hasn’t fixed the issue. Was playing for 4 hours tonight after the clean install when it decided to start doing the freezing basically the minute i started a m+, mix of couple second freezes to full 15-20 second freezes. This is making me not want to play wow at all, has been happening since 9.2.5 dropped. Almost a month straight of this is really offputting. Just want to add that this doesn’t happen in any other game except for wow, have played CoD for multiple hours just fine and same with LoL, no issues at all in either of those games

Your next step would be resetting the UI. Make sure no addon managers are installed to prevent them from adding data back where you delete it.

Haven’t been playing a lot recently since resetting UI and when i have it’s only been for short amounts of time but had issue reoccur tonight after playing for about an hour and a half. So far freeze has only happened once and wasn’t very long but resetting UI has definitely not stopped it from occuring. Playing with no addons is not very fun i must say, I hope something can fix this issue soon
Edit to add that freeze happened again while flying from SW to Booty bay and this time for much longer, weird for it happen in such an area as usually freeze occurs while there’s a lot of stuff going on like abilities being used by multiple people or mobs in the area
Edit 2, 4 days later: Freezes have been happening more frequently the more i play after resetting UI. Have been playing for an hour and a half tonight and have had 4 freezes, some of which were very long and weirdly one of them was in the exact same spot as the freeze that happened while flying from SW to Booty Bay. Should i just send in a ticket or something? Blizz support has never really helped me before but this has gone on too long. Lol while typing this i had another freeze occur while flying to Booty Bay…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.