Game doesn't launch post-maintenance

I was playing normally as ever before maintenance, then logged off right before server dc. I try to launch the game after maintenance hour is up, and it doesn’t launch.

I’ve had this issue with the game not launching before, but now I’m fairly certain this is an issue on Blizzard’s end.

I’m running a late 2017 15" MBPro with Mojave.

1 Like

I’m having very similar issues. I’m also having issues with the entire battle app as well. It won’t load any of the preview screens. And while going through the WoW website if I click on certain links (Like to reinstall the Battle app) it takes me to a new page and then it won’t open because “I’m not connected to the internet” Which I clearly am. This only started happening a few hours ago. I was playing after the patch and then now can’t connect to anything blizzard related. Tried restarting modem/router, dumping my IP, clearing addons. The weirdest part is clicking links on their website and being sent to a page I can’t even open.

1 Like

I had this happen once before. I found that launching the Battle[dot]net app, letting it update seemed to resolve the issue. Then I could login with either the Battle[dot]net app or directly through the Warcraft app. It may also be worthwhile to clear out the Warcraft cache locations.

Nothing has worked for me and once again I am stuck without being able to launch the game. Come on Blizz. My gametime is ticking away.

Could you explain what is happening when you try to launch the game? There isn’t enough information for anyone to use in assisting you with the problem. Without more information, there isn’t much anyone can do to help.

I press Play in the launcher, the WoW icon bounces for a second, then nothing. The Play button grays out in the Launcher as though the game’s about to open, then nothing.

I’ve had this problem before, and I did everything described inthis thread. Nothing worked, so I was unable to play for about a month, then after 8.1 launched it suddenly started to work again for a few days, but now I’m back to square one.

This sounds like it’s a permissions error, which Agent sometimes causes. There is an easy way to deal with this as long as you don’t mind using Terminal.

Open the Terminal app and put in the following line:

sudo chmod -R 755_

Note: The _ represents one tap of the spacebar and not an actual underscore.

Once that line is in Terminal, drag your World of Warcraft folder to the Terminal and then press Enter. This will change all of the permissions within the WoW folder such that Agent should have zero problems with it. If this still fails to resolve the problem, repeat the procedure, this time on the /Users/Shared/Battle.net folder.

I’m assuming you’re on Mojave. A test to see if it’s purely a Mojave issue would be to install High Sierra onto an external drive and use Migration Assistant to copy your user folder and settings to the external and try booting off of that. If the problem is remedied, the issue is specific to Mojave.

1 Like

BLZBNTBNA000003E8 this is the error code it keeps throwing up. No help at the support site.