Game Breaking Talent Bug

I read on the in-game list of “known issues” that this issue is already known about, but with it being so game breaking, I would have thought it would have been addressed by now.

My husband’s boosted level 60 character Aitsedana on US-Hyjal is completely unable to play Protection or Fury. He is repeatedly getting the bug error, “cannot distribute talent point.” At times he is showing zero talent points of a respective specialization as if he were a level 1 character.

We came back to the game and both bought the Epic edition of Dragonflight and were looking forward to playing again. We quit shortly after completing cutting edge mythic content in Legion.

He has attempted all of the stated ways to try to self-resolve the issue to no avail. This has been a “known issue” for over a week now.

For something as game-breaking as this, why isn’t there more of a response, Blizzard? I’m honestly super understanding of smaller bugs, but he literally can’t play his warrior.

An expedited solution needs to happen.

2 Likes

I have the same issue with my boosted 60 Demon Hunter. I also purchased the Epic edition of Dragonflight. I have found no way to resolve this issue.

The issue is specific to the Havoc tree in my character.

I am having the same issue with my frost specialization, sort of. I originally had this issue but was somehow able to import a talent tree from Icy-Veins. However, the game still treats me as if I have not selected any talents and my spellbook is empty. Frost is completely unplayable! Arcane and Fire work fine.

1 Like

This might be the worst patch I have ever seen from a bug perspective. I dont even really know how they are gonna get a handle on it all.

1 Like

Not just arbitrary bugs, like literally bugs that make the game unplayable.

Having the same issue, not nearly enough communication. Came back for the xpac, now pushing for a refund.