Gain Honorless Buff by Logging out/in while dead

If you just log out while dead, then log back in, you return with the Honorless Target debuff, so they won’t get any honor from you. I do this whenever Horde deathballs camp me, they stop very quickly.

EDIT: Addressing concerns - My personal experience is when I am out farming, say in Silithus, and a group or 4+ horde start setting up camp on top of my corpse, they will leave after noticing I am giving them no reward a couple times. This is in contrast to other times where Horde will cycle through and each person takes turns killing me taking almost an hour for each of them to get all their honor points out of me. I do not expect the worst of the imbalanced servers, on the worst places (such as Thorium Point to BRD) to mitigated to the same degree as the times when only one group has its full attention on you. They are different problems fundamentally.

52 Likes

I think they just kill regardless my man

45 Likes

That’s ok too, they won’t get any honor. Sometimes the small victories are the best.

23 Likes

Can you upvote this trhead somehow? if everyone knows about this corpse camping becomes a thing of the past.

3 Likes

Even better, just log out every thirty seconds to always have the buff

20 Likes

If you keep replying, it makes the thread go back to the top of the general list of threads.

1 Like

The horde can’t see your buffs. They don’t know you’re an honorless target, and they’ll still show an ‘estimated honor’ gain when you die.

2 Likes

That’s not true. If you kill an honorless target, 100% you do not get the HK flash on the screen, or a note in combat log showing XX honor earned etc.

They just fall over dead and pretty much any decent player understands they gained no honor.

7 Likes

I can confirm this.its obvious you get no honor.

2 Likes

Well I know what Im doing next time I get camped!

4 Likes

I don’t think anyone is checking your buffs/debuffs when they’re desperately trying to tag you before you die.

9 Likes

What’s another 30 seconds per corpse run if it helps decline the insanity lol. Small wins indeed

2 Likes

pro-gamer move

1 Like

true, but if you’re having your time wasted being corpse camped, nothing wrong with wasting their time with you, even if they don’t realize their time’s being wasted.

1 Like

lol best case from this is people try camping more once they realize what you are doing.

1 Like

They try to camp less because you don’t award them anything.

1 Like

This is a good idea

Thanks for sharing this good idea.

Lul if you think they wont kill you cause of the honorless buff… gl my friend

3 Likes

Not what he’s saying.

He’s saying if they are going to waste his time by just corpse camping him in numbers he can’t possibly fight back against, he’s going to waste their time ensuring they don’t get rewarded for it.

He fully expects to die again, and again, and again; but it will be just as pointless for the zerg camping him as it is for him.

13 Likes