G510 keyboard issue?

Screaym its on Blizzards side they won’t admit it though…they will say contact Logictech for help…I know full well its on blizzard side cause I have had my G510 since 2013 and never had any issues till SL pre patch loaded in and missed it up.

Of course it’s something Blizzard changed. They’ve obviously altered how they store/make available the information that the Logitech applet used to display the character stats.

That said, this isn’t a Blizzard issue. WoW is their product, they can choose to make whatever changes to their file systems that they choose, and they have absolutely no obligation to make sure that a third party applet works properly. It’s on Logitech to see if they can make their applet work with however WoW is storing its information now. Considering the fact that they still haven’t come out with a replacement for the G13, I wouldn’t hold my breath for that to happen.

This keyboard the G510 has been in game use for WoW since 2010 why all sudden has it became a issue for Blizzard how the applet works now…all it does is display the character stats for which ever character you are on…that’s it…same info I get off my character screen in game.

Why is blizzard being heavy handed on this applet when it does nothing in game at all unlike other 3rd party software that controls multi toons which Blizzard has cracked now on multi boxer…this I can understand as it has ruined many realms AH sells…this applet doesn’t control my character at all.

And what is issue with the G13 then…I haven’t seen or heard what problem is there now. Maybe if you voiced more on the issue maybe you’d catch Blizzard attention now.

If Blizzard has decided to not let third party programs pull character stats from their system then that’s their choice. Considering that the publicly viewable Armory has the same information that the applet displayed, I very much doubt that Blizzard cares about the applet. I suppose it’s possible that it falls under the multiboxer ban in some way, but I highly doubt it.

It’s just like any other addon. Blizzard updates their game, addon makers need to update their addons to adjust. Logitech needs to update their applet to work with the current version of WoW.

As for the G13, there’s absolutely nothing that Blizzard can do about it - it’s a Logitech product. Logitech stopped making it, and has never bothered to come out with a new version of it, and I’m bitter. It was, hands down, the best gamepad keyboard available.

tl;dr This is a Logitech issue. Logitech needs to update their applet.

The applet in its working days also let you see what random battleground you were about to enter, which even add-ons can’t do. So. There was that. Apparently, Blizzard made an exclusive deal with Logitech to give them that ability back in the day.

I used the stats on the keyboard all the time and now, poof, gone. Very annoying. Not really sure why I keep playing this game with Blizzards obvious disdain for it’s players but, here I am. I wonder if it will ever be fixed?

1 Like

Wonder understood.