G13 replacement?

Alas, my G13 is dying, and I see that Logitech has discontinued it. Can anyone recommend a replacement? A thumbstick is a must for me. Thanks,

1 Like

There was a discussion about this on the Old Forum.

PS
There are a few still available on Amazon

Thanks for the link to the prior post. Amazon was the first place I looked, but $300 for a controller? I love the G13, but not that much. The Orbweaver and Tartarus V2 are the most obvious options, but I was also hoping for some responses from anyone using MAD GIGA Red.

I don’t use it but someone I know on WoW uses it

He says for the price it’s good but he still wishes the G13 was still around

It’s an alternative at least he also said

Google how to repair it and go from there.

1 Like

Been using a G13 for wow since classic, I m on my second one now and bought it from a surplus store for $20 bran new still in the box 2 months ago. Now you have to pay a huge price on it because it’s over seas and of course marked up by 2000% cause of supply and demand. Best gaming controller ever, the Orbweaver would be a replacement but i don’t trust razer products anymore. They’ve all gone to do the dogs.

Any Tartarus V2 users care to comment? That’s another one I’m looking at as a possibility. Thanks.

YIKES.

People know those are gone, charging 300 bucks for them now.

Mr. Anderson

5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech G13 discontinued!
May 2, 2018
Verified Purchase
Logitech has discontinu**ed this product. Now they are selling from 3rd party sellers at over $200. I purchased this product in December 2017 for $57. If you are thinking about buying this product, do not purchase it for any more than the $80 brand new

Sigh… and for Mac users, Catalina, can’t get the g13 to work anymore. No driver updates.

I recently researched these game pads, specifically for WoW. All research pointed to the Razer Orbweaver and Tartarus V2 being the best options left.

I’ll tell you something, if anything ever happens to my G13, I would not hesitate to spend $300 for a replacement. It’s that good (to me at least) than having to sink my wallet into a RAZER POS Product.

2 Likes

Using a G13 with LGS just fine with Catalina. Only issue is with restarts. Have to wait until everything restarted, then unplug the G13, reinsert the G13 and let it transfer profiles.

I tried the LGS, but while I can (with lots of lag and color circles) program a profile, when I try that ‘test profile’ nothing registers as coming from the g13. Feels like I’m missing a driver or something. Oddly the G13 LCD screen is stuck in ‘Transferring profiles’ as well. Also seems LGS is supported only through 10.13.

Literally cannot play without my g13. When it dies so does my wow career.

3 Likes

This is the situation I’m in. Not playing much because I’m so hobbled.

1 Like

You mentioned the thumbstick was really important the difference between the G13 and the Razer Orbweaver and Tartarus V2 is the G13 stick is analog and the other 2 are digital, not the best for character movement. I suggest doing a little research before buying one so you know what to expect. I hope this helps.

Update: I tried the Tartarus V2 and it was fine, but the position of the thumbstick made movement awkward. It felt like I had to push forward-right to move forward. Then I had a Christmas miracle - I found the G13 I bought for my wife, but which she never used, while looking for some tape to wrap presents. Proof that God does exist and he is infinitely merciful!

7 Likes

When these die, how do they usually go out? Key switches wearing out I’m guessing?

Whatever the mechanism is it’s probably a reasonably cheap off-the-shelf component. Figure that out and one could probably keep their G13 running indefinitely.

Ah, I’m using a G213 (but no thumbstick.) Ah, just a regular keyboard so unrelated, my bad.

Oh, that g13 thing is pretty nifty! Gratz on finding another one!!! :wink:
WOW expensive, now.

Crazy, why discontinue a thing that sounds like it worked well?

(Lols, I already posted in thread, forgot.)

I’m on my second G13. The thumb stick was the first to go as it was stuck to one button. And after many years, the thumb stick on my second G13 is giving me signs of doing the same thing. I use my thumb stick for W, A,S, D, so a thumb stick going bad is no good.