Fyr'alath the Dreamrender - Bug

After 1 month of back and forth with GM’s. Posting here for others who might have the same issue.

Quest Issue: Handling it
I received the legendary axe drop back in February and finished all the tedious quests that were required. Now that I was on the final part of combining the 3 parts of the axe, I attuned the Rune of Shadowbinding and it disappeared from my bags. I relogged, abandoned quest, disabled all add-ons, confirmed via scripts to confirm quests were completed but no luck.

I am currently in limbo with no resolution or path forward except to wait on a bug fix because GM to Dev communication is “one-way” and GMs cannot “intervene”. It is a pretty pathetic experience to say the least. These items require considerable time investment over 10 (weeks) and a lot of gold to craft the required items just to increase player power. It would not be as painful nor would I probably care if I did not go through all the time-gated quests and spent the gold to craft the items.

Copying two of the responses in case the keywords bring others with the same issue to the post:

Thanks for reaching Blizzard entertainment. This is Game Master Otokolezal.

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your patience with waiting to hear back from us. We are at a busier season, but rest assured we reply to every ticket we receive!

As I was able to review your inquiry regarding the issue with Quest “Handling It”.

Sadly, we as GMs wouldn’t be able to investigate further or grant the achievement, as this is now in the hands of our dev team.

What happens next is that our QA team compiles all the instances of a reported bug and as soon as a bug is confirmed and reproduced on our end, our dev teams start working on it to fix the root cause and make sure it doesn’t happen again and the fix is applied with a new patch/update.

Game Masters do not get direct communication from our dev team on future patch/update release dates so we are not able to give you an ETA on when this will be fixed.

I know that this isn’t the information you were hoping to get in response, but I want to thank you for your time, patience, and understanding here, I hope that you have a great rest of your day.

Feel free always to contact us if you need any further assistance.

Regards
GM Otokolezal.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to Blizzard Customer Support.
I’m Game Master Diedoawmaa and I will do my best to assist you today.
Lately we have been experiencing a lot of help requests so we would like to thank you for all your patience and understanding.

While carefully reading your help request, I can see that you have some concerns regarding the quest “Handling it”.

After doing some investigation, I can confirm that we have received several reports of this issue.
we completely understand how much this impacts your enjoyment of the game, and we are here to listen and help our players in the best way we can, and we hope you remember that we are truly appreciative of all your patience.

As previously explained, while this situation is under investigation by our Development Team, Customer Support will not be able to intervene, as it would be a solution for only one character, which would not fix the overall issue for everyone else.
Our intervention could also lead to some players getting double compensation, since our developers, many times, intervene with a hotfix.
Therefore, we kindly suggest submitting a bug report of your situation, as it will greatly contribute to our investigation.
This will also help create awareness about how the community feels regarding certain things and helps the players to better communicate with Blizzard Games.
You can submit a new bug report through here:

If you would like to check for future updates on this specific issue, I would recommend checking the Blue Tracker on WoWhead.
You can find it through the link below:
blue-tracker

We thank you again for contacting us at Blizzard Customer Support, and we really appreciate all your understanding regarding this matter.
Our kindest regards,
Game Master Diedoawmaa

same here - No real answers for Rune of Shadowbinding - almost 2 weeks for response and GMs ask us to submit bug reports rather than GM forwarding.

Were just stuck in limbo. I am at over a month with no resolution. Heres the latest response after I requested a refund of the gold spent since we had to craft the items. They really said “Please know our inability to help is not a reflection of the value we place on your loyalty and dedication to our games” “Happy Gaming”. I don’t really see how mailing us the missing item would be unfair to other players. Literally completed the quest and it disappeared from my bag lol.

This is Game Master Nomilocoel, thank you for contacting Blizzard Entertainment, and for your patience with our wait time. :slight_smile:

I understand from your ticket that you’d like to refund gold spent on the craftng. Rest assured that I have completely understood your issue.

While looking into your request, I saw that your account has been established many years ago! What a pleasure to be in contact with a loyal adventurer like yourself!

Kindly note that while we truly sympathize with your predicament, regrettably, we Game Masters are unable to refund virtual currency. Customer support cannot bypass this limitation. Please know that our inability to help is not a reflection of the value we place on your loyalty and dedication to our games. We want you to know that our policies are in place to ensure a fair and consistent experience for all players.

Should you have any other questions or inquires, please feel free to contact us anytime, day or night. :smiley:

Happy Gaming!
GM Nomilocoel
(っ◕‿◕)っ☆゚.*・。゚

same here. you know when i try to equip that legendary weapon the first time, it became cursed. now i am on a quest to do that recently.

Yup – were stuck with no resolution or help anywhere in sight. I dont even care about the item anymore. More upset about all that time/gold required just to craft the parts that we wont get back.

Another template response after 5 days of waiting.

This is Game Master Nomilocoel, thank you for contacting Blizzard Entertainment, and for your patience with our wait time. :slight_smile:

I understand from your ticket that you cannot complete the quest Handling It. Rest assured that I have completely understood your issue.

While looking into your request, I saw that your account has been established many years ago! What a pleasure to be in contact with a loyal adventurer like yourself!

Kindly note that we have received several reports of this issue and can confirm it is not working as intended. Currently, we do not have a workaround or resolution that can be provided. We apologize for any inconvenience. I recommend submitting a bug report as it’s the most effective way to raise our developers awareness towards this matter, and the more reports they receive, the more examples they have to better understand what happened. Moreover, please note that customer support cannot fix in-game bugs and cannot provide quest items as our dev team is working to solve the issue once and for all.

To report a bug in-game:

-Press Esc or click the ? button to open the menu.
-Click Support.
-Click Submit feedback or bug report.
-Enter the details of the bug into the Submit a bug description box, making sure to follow the guidelines outlined on the submission form.
-Click Submit.

Or you can report it on our World of Warcraft® Bug Report Forum. https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/c/support/bug-report/17

Should you have any other questions or inquiries, please feel free to contact us anytime, day or night. :smiley:

Happy Gaming!
GM Nomilocoel
(っ◕‿◕)っ☆゚.*・。゚

Update: Resolved after almost 2 months. Tickets were near useless. Sent a tweet and was resolved same day. The item was mailed to me by a GM. Theres a disconnect somewhere. They say they cannot mail the item but a GM mailed me the item after the response on X.