Fyi for the poor tech guy

Just discovered Battle.net app is a sad piece of work that is as clueless as the bonehead who thought it up

I literally had to tell it where on my computer the WoW game was located at…like literally had to show it.

I feel for you man…but if some poor soul comes through and says, “OMG, why is Battle.net not loading my game” its because Battle.net doesn’t recognize it’s own software…sorry dude, but you might want to drop this one the SW developers desk.

edit:

So…as an update…I had to download the games…ALL OVER AGAIN.
And
Apparently, Retail and Classic don’t like addon’s…as soon as I moved the addon’s to the new files, the Battle.net app suddenly didn’t know who I was, and I had to redo login details with that…

what is up with your desktop app?!?

2 Likes

I’m having trouble too with battle net. I’ve uninstalled everything, battle net and all my blizzard games. When I reinstall battle net I’m still stuck on the loading screen. I’d like to continue playing the game but I can’t get anyone in customer service or technical service to help. I guess this is it for wow for me.

wow is one of the few games you can move after installing it becouse it does not make registry entries. the launcher only checks a few location not every location on your hd/SSD for the program. if it does not find it then it asks you to point it out. other games and software make a entry in the registry and that is how other games locate it.

the addons you added must f repaced the files that contain your login information.MANY ADDON PACkAGES over write your config files, making the game forget who you are