Future of VR headset

Hi guys,

Just curious, are we still in the earliest “alpha/prototype” stages of VR headsets as of today?

I am very happy intrigued to buy one for gaming purposes and other stuff yet I am overwhelmed that there’s too many different types of VR sets with different companies and though I did my research it still left me clueless. Which is the most current advanced and reliable VR headset? Or should I hold on to see what next year brings with the release of new consoles such as the Ps5?

Ever since I’ve watched Player 1 film I got hooked into it, so I wonder how far it close are in reaching that point

The late 90s were the alpha/prototype phase. We are now in the adoption phase where the hardware is there and just need software support.

Yep - I remember playing an old VR game with a buddy in an arcade shortly after we graduated from college mumbledy-mumble years ago. Plus, the movie “The Lawnmower Man” tried to cash in on all the VR hype that was flying around back then.

Terrible movie, BTW.

Anyway, I can’t help you, OP. Cross-compatibility might offer some protection, but, like any tech, expect a good dose of planned obsolescence as well. You could get the “best” and “most advanced” kit today, but you can bet that the same company is getting ready to launch “THE best” and “THE most advanced” version tomorrow, with “DEFINITIVELY the best and most advanced” shortly after that.

1 Like