Future Covenant Campaign Speculation

Kyrian: Reintegrating the Forsworn Kyrian, if they can, and exploring the merits of their philosophy about keeping memories (as implied at the end of the SoA dungeon, hopefully)

Necrolords: Tracking down Kel’Thuzad and looking into taking back the House of the Chosen

Night Fae: Saving Tyrande and invading stemming off the invasions of Throst.

Venthyr: Establishing Renethal as the proper ruler of Revendreth and pushing Kael’Thas further along the road of redemption, as well as potentially other souls.

1 Like

The idea of Kael’thas and Garrosh being buddies is hilarious to me for some reason.

Invading Darkreach and a Drust invasion of the Heart of the Forest/Grove of Awakening was the final of the Night Fae campaign. Granted Blizzard does redo stuff, as seen with BfA being Mists 2.0, but there’s usually time between it and would feel just too soon.

2 Likes

Nothing. Blizzard’s attention for the rest of the story is going to be focused on Torghast and the Maw. I see Blizzard pretty much following the same pattern as the Legion. The Order Halls got ONE campaign each and then the story moved on to the Broken Isles and Argus.

So if that holds true it will be the Maw and maybe an even more horrible place as followup.

The arrogance and pride within a Buddy-Cop situation between those two would be so thick you could drown. Which is why we must have it lol!

11 Likes

I can see it now Lethal Weapon: Afterlives.

7 Likes

No. I’m thinking Pulp Fiction!

4 Likes

Unless they took care of Gurak Tul in the process, I still think a raid based around Ardenweild and the Drust is in the near future. Although it may be us going to Thros for the purpose of preventing future invasions.

1 Like

Kael: “So…what are you in for?”

Garrosh: “Blowing up a city with a mana bomb among other things.”

Kael: “A mana bomb!? Where did you ever get such a thing?”

Garrosh: “One of your people actually.”

Kael: “Huh. Neat.”

15 Likes

9.1 Venthyr Covenant Campaign:

1. Get the Stonewright to give us her Medallion, probably 1 or 2 questlines involving Draven and a new Stoneborn to elevate to General (there’s only 2 Generals at a time)
  2. I’m expecting Garrosh to appear during the Stonewright questline(s) given her sin is “Wrath”
  3. At least ONE questline where Lorthemar & Co (and hopefully Velonara) appear in the Shadowlands to meet up with Kael’thas
  4. The Crown of the Harvesters presumably is going to be placed on someone, I figure Renathal will be asked to put it on himself, hopefully with a slight model update (someone get him his cloak for the love of Sargeras)
  5. I’m hoping more Blood Mirrors will be added, one to each other zone.
  6. Maybe we’ll be able to retake Castle Nathria in part, I’d love to host the Ember Court party in the ballroom :sob:
  7. Oh since Zul’jin is in Revendreth too, I’m hoping for a Kael’thas-Zul’jin questline
  8. Some more revelations regarding the Dreadlords
6 Likes

I could see Maldraxxus providing something in the form of us trying to reclaim the House of the Chosen from Vyraz and perhaps helping establish new leadership for the rebuilding Houses of Eyes and Plagues in order to present a restored and reunified Maldraxxus by the end of the expansion. Meaning some Maldraxxi allies perhaps becoming new Margraves and/or Barons in the process of restoring things.

We also never really found out who the Barons of the House of Plagues were (Marileth might have been one, or he might have just been a very trusted confidant and soulbind of Margrave Stradama for other reasons) so one might speculate that at least one of them could turn out to have survived and show up in some capacity, working either for or against us.

We also don’t really know how the treacherous Margraves managed to destroy the House of Eyes, so one supposes there might be room for some exploration of traitors among that House, or specific agents from the other houses who could have sabotaged the necropolis the way the House of Rituals sent Korrim the Cunning to sabotage the House of Plagues. After all, the cause of House of Plagues’ fall is explained in-game, and the events were readily masked as an accident, but it’s pretty glaring that we have no idea how someone managed to sneak in and explode the necropolis of a House that was home to Maldraxxus’ preeminent masters of deception and subterfuge. How does one even manage to do that to a floating citadel packed full of spies whose whole “thing” is spotting infiltration and uncovering information?

Stradama says not to trust “the Baron” when she’s killed, suggesting she may have already suspected Kel’thuzad as the particular servant of Sin’dane who sent Korrim, she may have discovered Vyraz’s betrayal somehow, or perhaps even one of her own Barons was partly complicit in arranging for her House’s fall by talking her and Marileth into accepting the House of Rituals’ offer of aid. Whatever the case, a larger number of story points in Maldraxxus feel blatantly like we haven’t been told everything yet than the other zones. Like there are a lot more ground-level mysteries to be sussed out before we can be sure the influence of Kel’thuzad and his master has been entirely removed from the Houses we’re trying to save.

1 Like

Night Fae

The most interesting hanging plot thread for me is Huln Highmountain’s quest to find the past Night Warriors across the realms of the Shadowlands. I expect that one of them will be the first night elf Night Warrior, but I am also curious to see what other races are represented. It would be cool to see a dark troll Night Warrior who called upon Elune’s powers to fight the aqir, and would provide a glimpse into the origins of the modern Lun’alai. By meeting Night Warriors from different races and even planets, I hope that we will learn more about the nature and motivations of Elune.

With regard to Tyrande, I expect that gathering the past Night Warriors together will allow them to figure out a way either to stabilize her powers, help her safely relinquish them, or distribute them amongst multiple people allowing them all to survive with more limited powers intact.

Kyrian

The Paragons appear to be inspired by the traditional virtues. The only cardinal virtue not currently represented by a Paragon is Justice. Notably, Uther has been struggling with the distinction between Justice and Vengeance. He originally believed his treatment of Arthas’ soul was motivated by Justice, only later to understand that he had been motivated by Vengeance. I think part of Uther’s journey and redemption will be to rescue Arthas’ soul from the Maw and deliver him to his proper judgment, whether that is the Arbiter or a different system. By doing so, Uther will be able to repair his own soul.

In addition, many loyal Kyrian (Kleia, Pelagos, Xandria, even the Archon) throughout the campaign have stated or implied that the old ways are changing or that there are flaws in the current path that could be learned from and improved. Either alongside with or instead of replacing the Paragon of Loyalty, I could see the Archon creating a new Paragon of Justice, concerned with the fair treatment of Kyrian and non-Kyrian souls alike. Uther could then become the Hand of Justice, which would be a fitting conclusion to his story both in life and the afterlife.

As a side note, I have not read Chronicles Volume 2, but there appears to be another interesting connection between Uther and the idea of Justice. According to Wowpedia, “[Archbishop Alonsus] Faol presented each of the paladins with enchanted librams during their training that were among the church’s most ancient relics. Each libram represented a core trait of the Silver Hand that Faol challenged his students to become the living embodiment of. Uther was given the Libram of Justice.”

3 Likes

I guess I don’t know enough about the current ending status of the other Covenants, but there are some things to do for the Necro’s. Vyraz is still a lingering problem. Kel’thuzad has tied us together with the Vamps for a nice little antagonist. We are currently missing pretty much all of our Margraives and House Heads … so that will need to be dealt with. And, a little part of me still does hold out hope that despite the fingers issue … the Rune Carver is in fact the Primus (and we can save him down the road). We’re the only Covie that really depends on Runes, so fingers crossed!

2 Likes

Ardenweald has the whole Night Warrior thread and Loa’jin thing that has yet to be finished. The entire Drust thing was taken care of for the time being. And how do we know the Jailer didn’t simply sever a couple fingers on the Runecarver as a form of punishment?

1 Like

Other way around. The RuneCarver has 1 too many fingers on both hands lol! Though, Maldraxxie pick their form based on their preferences and identity … so it seems like the Runecarver doesn’t have much of his identity left atm.

1 Like

Oh. I been avoiding Torghast like the plague. It’s a horrible place for Hunters. I admittedly am behind on the storyline there :gift_heart:

For Venthyr, we’re still not yet done hunting the mcguffins - we need the medallion from the Stonewright, and Renathal’s notes state pretty outright that we’re not getting it the hard way; not a single stoneborn in Revendreth will raise a claw against her. Renathal also mentions Revendreth not serving a Master, but a Court instead, so whether the crown gets used or not is a good question. Blizz really love the council resolution for things, huh?

Kael’thas is only just started on his redemption, and with Kel’thuzad alive he’s still probably hankering for some revenge.

1 Like

This is sort of a tangent, but genuinely … I really liked the current conclusion of the Necrolord Campaign.

It was nice to see how this army is supposed to function conceptually. Each House has its own role. The Constructs largely serve as walking shieldwalls and battering rams. The Eyes serve as scouts and hit-and-run operatives. The Ritualists are essentially “walking” Siege Engines. The Plagues support from the back lines. Finally the Chosen (while warriors) actually do seem to serve more in Field Commander roles.

It was neat. I very much enjoyed it. And with Sindane “officially” joining us, it will be interesting to not only see if we get further characterization for her and how exactly a Margraive is risen. There seems to be something more to it than just being handed the title.

2 Likes

Regarding Venthyr -the only one I´ve done so far- I concur with most of the posters here in predicting some sort of resolution regarding the last medallion currently in the Stonewright hands. Weeks ago when we had that quest related to Renathal having a meeting with all those potential “allies”, she actually stand out to me considering she´s the “owner” of the wrathful stone -implying a somewhat vicious personality- but her whole behaviour and words in that cinematic were so… warm and caring regarding her constructs -who all things considered are nothing but glorified weapons to be used and discarded by the Venthyr-. I think there´s some interesting story potential there.

I was never a fan of Garrosh, but as a fan of Kael´thas I can absolutely understand the hopeful wish to see their fav redeemed or at the very least not forgotten; so with any luck we would get to see him get at least aknowledged in the story.

I´d love to see some sort of interaction -even minimal- between a repentant Kael´thas and both Lor´themar and Rommath; those three have issues and wounds that need to be solved before the expac ends.

Finally I hope Kael´thas has the chance to get his retribution regarding the Kel´Thuzad issue (preferably in a collaborative effort, cause Maldraxxus too need to “get even” with the Lich.

Ditto regarding Venthyr.

1 Like

The Venthyr are supposed to not be the embodiments of the Sins they consume though.

She clearly hasn’t been effected by what he Sinstone consumes. She herself probably hasn’t done any consuming of Wrath since she knows what consuming Wrath will do! I dare say she has been accepting donations from the other Venthyr readily!

That’s because this guy quit the position and became a mortal incarnation of Wisdom.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/a2u_D43oGb8/maxresdefault.jpg

3 Likes