"fury"tanks

Why are fury tanks accepted? Does no one care that healers have to heal so much more. Or is it jack o’s not caring that the healer is speced raid friendly but the tanks are not. There were no fury tanks in vanilla, so why now?

6 Likes

Because the fury tank future is now, Old man.

33 Likes

On my healer, as long as the run is smooth I welcome the challenge.

1 Like

Shadow & Balance spec healers (to name two) should be fine also then. Gotta love hypocrisy.

20 Likes

try healing nef wit all your healers not a heal spec, see what happens.

Not true at all. Defensive stance works for all. 2h tanking in berserker stance was definitely a thing at 60, especially for alliance with paladins.

2 Likes

well I never saw any, I don’t play da alliance.

Imma be a dual wield fury tank of doom!

Higher TPS => Higher DPS => Faster Kill Time => Less OOM healers + Higher HPS

34 Likes

fury prot tanks allow your dps to do their maximum damage, which means the boss dies in 15 seconds rather than 45, which means the healers have to heal less and can value +healing over basically any stat and never go oom, which means they have a higher output, no one really loses

31 Likes

Challenge accepted. You can easily heal any encounter as a ret pally, elemental shaman, and balance druid.

Also, no reason why Spriest can’t heal but not too familiar with them.

1 Like

:clap: :100:

Nailed it.

Alternatively.

Vanilla -

1. Mitigation
  2. TPS.

Classic

1. TPS
  2. Mitigation

Priorities switched.

16 Likes

players are better at the game, DPS is driven higher, both due to knowledge/skill and due to 1.12 itemization.

I think healers appreciate being able to heal 1 target instead struggling to heal the raid after the warlock pulled aggro again.

1 Like

sounds like crap, they cant hold agro on muli mobs, they get crushed with damage, witch means more drinking and more down time for waiting. I’ve healed the same dungeon with a prot warrior and it goes so so so much faster and smoother than a dw fury tank.

4 Likes

Dungeon? You’re probably talking about undergeared warriors. There is an argument for this, but ultimately prot is godawful for everything besides undergeared tanking. Asking a warrior to be prot while tanking is either asking them to be miserable or to spend all their gold.

8 Likes

If your going for higher TPS with more mitigation use prot Paladin or Druid.

2 Likes

Because they generate more threat which allows DPS to do more damage without pulling aggro which means faster boss and trash kills which means faster clears.

It’s optimal as far as speed clearing goes. And yes, that means you’ll have to heal more. Best stock up on those major mana pots and dark runes.

2 Likes

prot tanks clear way faster bud. chain pull the crap out of the place. I had to drink once in a live strat run. once. with a fury I go through stacks.

4 Likes

That part isn’t necessarily true true. Tanks taking big damage means healers will be using less mana efficient higher HPS heals. But healers going OOM still usually means they didn’t bring enough major mana pots and/or dark runes.

1 Like