Fury Warrior sustainability nerf

When I first heard that Bloodthirst was being nerfed from 5% healing to 3% healing I was okay with it. Fury Warriors have really good self healing that sustains them in fights right now. Perhaps too good I’ll admit. So I was okay with it because I thought it was a little too strong. Today when I was looking at my meters though I realized something. Two thirds of my HPS is coming from Cold Steel Hot Blood, not from Bloodthirst. We’re losing Cold Steel Hot Blood in Shadowlands so we’re losing all of that sustainability. Do we really need a Bloodthirst nerf on top of that? I mean with the Cold Steel Hot Blood loss and the Bloodthirst nerf we are functionally losing like 80% of our self healing. Is that really necessary?

Probably not, but as an ex-Warlock I can testify that the Devs always over nerf specs with strong self-heals. So this is very much business as usual.

Still, I haven’t seen complaints from people on the Alpha that Fury is suddenly BfA-Arms squishy, so it’s probably not the end of the world. You’ll just be a bit less able to face tank elites. Also they actually buffed Impending Victory, and I’m seriously considering trying to run it instead of Double Time and see if that feels bad.

1 Like

I saw it coming, Fury if specced right can actually dominate almost any class 1v1 aswell with Elite mobs. The healing was insane. Give it time and Blizzard will (hopefully) make the right adjustments as its a pretty simple patch fix.

Yeah but we’re already losing like two thirds of our healing come shadowlands with the loss of Cold Steel Hot Blood. I don’t think the Bloodthirst nerf on top of that is necessary.

All the changes to Fury are terrible so far. And completely unnecessary. CSHB gone was already a devastating nerf to the spec going into SL. They will again have no sustain, and not be viable in high pvp.

I can’t understand the idiocy behind giving Shield Wall, Shield Block baseline to all specs either. I guess we all missed having to macro weapons changes in order to use baseline defensive spells. Only class that will need extra weapons just to use CDs…

1 Like

Are we losing anything else? I mean as long as we keep enraged regen and furious charge we can still heal ourselves pretty well.

We lose Cold Steel Hot Blood, which is most of our healing. Bloodthirst and Enraged Regeneration are both being nerfed.

Incorrect. Bloodthirst’s healing is indeed being nerfed, but Enraged Regeneration is unchanged.