Fury Warrior sound bug

Certain race/gender combos of fury warriors (mine is a male Tauren, I’ve also read this happens with Highmountain Tauren) have a bug where sound effects for certain abilities - bloodthirst, raging blow, and execute - do not play. You hear a whoosh sound as if your ability missed. The damage numbers are also out of sync and don’t seem to appear until about a second after using the ability. I’ve never experienced a bug so bad that it made me want to not play one of my characters, but I don’t play my warrior because of this.

I’ve posted about this multiple times on this forum, I’ve submitted multiple bug reports, nothing has been done, no acknowledgement at all from Blizzard. I’m just going to keep posting this same thread until someone at Blizzard at least acknowledges that it’s a known issue and is being worked on.

2 Likes

I wish this would gain some traction, I just decided to make a Tauren warrior myself and ended up as Fury. There are delays between the damage being dealt and the animations and fury specific skills such as Bloodthirst or Raging Blow are missing their hit sound effects. You can hear the cast go off, but there’s no connection/hit sound that follows.

I’ve tested these things on other races such as Orc and everything seems to be totally fine. I’ve even used toys such as Orb of Deception and Transmorpher Beacon on my Tauren and the issues go away immediately. What’s up with that?

I’ve seen people report that they don’t have these issues on their Male Tauren and follow up with how it’s a client-side bug. I’m not buying this so far, I’ve had several friends make Male Tauren Warriors and test out Fury specifically and they all run into this issue.

These hit sounds and damage numbers going off properly contribute a lot to how a class feels, it’s game-feel, and it loses a lot of impact with a bug like this. Makes it a lot less enjoyable to play imo.

1 Like

Still an issue. I’m playing a female night elf. Execute sounds like it’s missing. Seemed to start when I took the Massacre talent.