Fun Police (Blizz) Strikes Again

Why is it that every time we have a place where WPvP is alive and well, you “devs” feel the need to place guards that chain snare players that engage in said WPvP. Maruukai was an awesome spot to WPvP. It’s always busy and constantly filled with people, but noooo, this past Tuesday you have to insert guards there to slap the wrist of WPvPers. Blizz, you’re seriously a buzz kill and probably suck at parties.

37 Likes

Right? I killed someone and barely escaped the guards with my life. :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

It’s ridiculous, man. They give us the option to have WM on, but then punish us for doing so. At this point, just make all servers PvE and see how well your player base handles it.

12 Likes

Anymore I make sure I’m close to a jump off point.

Forgive me for being the contrarian on this one, but I feel it necessary to point out that this is a hub and often in the past hubs were guarded against player attacks. You’d have to attack each other out in the world and not town where, depending on how you look at it, guards would reasonably stop people from murdering each other in the square. Might be the RPG player in me thinking, I dunno.

That being said, it does feel like a spoilsport play to add them in after not having done so all throughout beta to launch. Some warzones ought to remain warzones.

13 Likes

yes, until last monday was perfect, you coudl attack anyone that the guards would stand still, started a fight and bam! lots of guards on me.

Cmon, if ppl would not get into fight, turn war mode off then!

That place is not a sanctuary…

2 Likes

Last Monday? This has been happening to me for a while.

Instead of adding guards why not realize the old regime (ya know the ones that took pics of women in the bathroom) had their heads up their butts when they removed PvP servers. Give back some PvP servers for players that just want PvP on all the time so we can beat the crap out of each other!! And we will be fine letting all the PvP when they want it people phasing over to us so we can kill em. Adding guards in warmode… SMH.

8 Likes

100%

This man speaking facts. :fax:

1 Like

I guess we’ll have to wait to gank people using the TPost in SW/Org. But yes, it’s looking more and more incontrovertible that Blizzard is going full tilt against WPvP.

1 Like

Bizzard adds guards but let’s players still phase out when they get attacked, they queue for battlegrounds or run into dungeons. why flag for pvp if they complain about being ganked or just run from every encounter

4 Likes

Before awful WM, PvP realms had severely reduced HP on guards. It’s a weird cringy hybrid of PvE where raiders want 20% bonus on rewards without stepping into BG and Arenas

2 Likes

I know, it is like Bliz is turning WM into a sissy PvP playground for the PvE enthusiast instead of embracing PvP and turning it into some that could be so much more.

Instead of watering down PvP why not go full throttle with WM and add all kinds of PvP objectives and stop offering EXP gains for leveling to incentivize players and instead add incentives that encourage world PvP.

8 Likes

Lol. Why am I not surprised that it’s a Rogue complaining about this. Stop being a degen and fight people in the open world, not a quest hub. Ganking lowbies as they pick up quests/hand in quests is lame.

…And, just so we’re clear, I’m an old-hat PVP player. I always played on PVP servers. Camping quest hubs has always been considered degen behaviour and is typically frowned upon. You’re the kind of player guild groups used to camp until you logged in frustration.

Imagine thinking adding guards to a quest hub was going to kill WPVP. :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

11 Likes

LOL, since when are quest hubs not open world?? Also I see a couple hunters, paladin, warlock and evoker not happy about the guards. Back stabbed one too many times, now you have tunnel vision and only see a rogue?? Open your eyes.

4 Likes

Why does it matter if it’s a quest hub or not its world pvp. If I fly in to turn in a quest and get ganked oh well this is the reason, I flag you win some you lose some

7 Likes

Wait, they do stuff now? RIP.

That’s literally a quest hub. You just wanted to gank low levels. Admit it.

Go World PvP in the designated spots or find someone in the world organically. Don’t camp quest hubs.

3 Likes

It’s so simple for this kind of ppl, just turn WAR MODE OFF!

simple as that.

7 Likes

If you have WM on and are anywhere where your name is shown in red to the opposite faction. You are fair game. I agree with OP, when blizz turned the big bad protector bots on it ruined a good, fun experence.

9 Likes