Fun Elemental Lightning build on PTR

Fun little build I was playing on PTR preparing for pre patch.

Flash of Lightning works on a lot of spells. Storm Elemental, storm keeper, lightning lasso, thunder storm, capacitor totem, and more. All of them benefit from having CD reduced at the same time.

1 Like

nice! I am hoping lightning builds are good!

2 Likes

Whats interesting is that you can have pwave and a second covenant ability on PTR.

1 Like

So far the speed of the lightning feels faster even though there are fewer instant casts available. However I’m thinking about avoiding lava burst all together and replace it with ice fury and electrified shocks. Only gives 15% damage increase with elec shocks but gives better AOE benefits while also being viable for single target.

I wish they’d go ahead and fix the additional storm keeper talent so I can test having 2 vs using lightning rod. I have a feeling the intense cooldown reduction from flash of lightning will make having 2 storm keepers be pretty potent when combined with surge of power.

2 Likes

have you gotten a feel for pvp lightning bolt builds? I plan on letting go of lava burst builds and want to focus more on lightning bolt chaos lol

I’ve tried but the queues for pvp take sooooo long on PTR.

I did catch a DH in the open and he went down pretty quick :rofl::joy: