Fun Detected

Booty bay knock back gun effect has been removed and the only people mad about the effect are the ones who didn’t get to use it.

EDIT: This guns effect couldn’t be used in a Battleground or a Dungeon. Blizzard knew exactly what they were doing making this gun and I feel like their intentions should be addressed to the community. Not even a rework just completely removed and this should make everyone question their choices in farming rep for specific factions for rewards in the future. Not only is rep hard to obtain with certain factions but the worry about your item being randomly removed is a huge concern.

“GRIEF” concern..

12 Likes

Like lets actually be real, I used the knockback constantly. I farmed this gun for HOURS specifically bc of that effect. This is exactly the kind of weird, niche item interaction that makes Classic fun to me. Removing it after people already went out of their way to obtain it feels like a smack in the face and it’s the same kind of homogenization I really don’t want to see happen to Forever.

19 Likes

it’s just the most absolutely lazy and heavy handed approach to a possible problem that they could take, and I think we’re seeing that way too often in Forever so far. I don’t even play a class that could use the item, but I think it’s a sign of what’s to come anytime something fun can be abused in even the smallest way.

12 Likes

There’s no way they created this item and didnt know what it would be used for and then just remove it after taking the time to get it. At least make it knock back ourselves. Makes me nervous to grind rewards anymore

10 Likes

This is the part that gets me. If I showed 100 people who played WOW what this item does, 100/100 would have instantly known how players would use this.

6 Likes

Aww, I have only very low toons and hadn’t even heard about this gun or its effects and now I’ll never know…

4 Likes

I mean, are we going to pretend like it wasn’t being abused? You can blame blizzard and say they should have known, but that doesn’t mean “oh, you should have known it would be abused so you need to allow us to abuse it and ruin the day of people”.

It’s also a beta test. It got tested. It was broken, OP and abused. It got nerfed. That’s the cycle of the beta.

8 Likes

How is something being “abused” when the effect tooltip specifically said “knock back your target” find a corner man

6 Likes

Lemme guess. It was found, people got it, then immediately started finding way to kill people with it.

2 Likes

Most knockbacks are a couple feet, not half a football field lol

1 Like

I didn’t design it dork

2 Likes

This wasn’t abuse and if getting knocked off a cliff or a boat here and there is going to ruin your day, then this probably isn’t the game for you.

It’s not a matter of, “They should have known.” They absolutely knew. I asked a coworker who only played the game briefly what players would do with an item like this and she instantly knew. This clearly is what they intended the item to be used for, so why are they acting like it isn’t?

2 Likes

Could it be possible they just nerfed it for beta so that players don’t spend preoccupy themselves with farming niche items like this rather than testing/discovering new things that they want tested? It’s definitely wishful thinking but I can see the benefit of doing this. Similar to how they made the mining nodes in Nethergarde mines and the clams/cages around Shadowprey village unusable atm

Damn I knew it was too good to be true.

Instead of removing the knock back they should have made it only useable on enemy players and in duels.

1 Like

Whoa people were using the knockback gun to knock people back? Thank god the developers took action against this unforeseen circumstance!

5 Likes

What’s even crazier is you couldn’t use the effect in battlegrounds or dungeons. They knew exactly what they were doing making this gun and for some reason just wasted everyone’s time to obtain it. Not even a rework just removed.

2 Likes

They could of just added a 1 day CD on it or something stupid that would of still been better.

it looked so fun. I was going to farm it out, just to see a nerf come through.

Fun detected blizzard back again..

Also give us an RP pvp server.

1 Like

As intended

1 Like

ty for testing the gun for blizzard in the beta!

2 Likes