Full Mount Macro for Dracthyr

I thought I would share my mount macro, as I haven’t seen any that are not only up to date but also this complete for Dragonflight and also including Dracthyr Soar ability. This does require the addon Macro Toolkit to increase the macro character limit but otherwise no other addon is required.

• Replace anything in { } (inclusive of the brackets) with the name of the mount you want to use. ie {Aquatic Mount} becomes Great Sea Ray
  • Pressing Shift will use Soar
  • In dragonflying zones if for some reason I need a normal flying mount I have alt to force that
  • If I am swimming I have used alt again to force using an underwater mount
  • Ctrl will use a ground mount anywhere
  • From there it changes by what type of mount the zone allows, and even indoor or outdoor
  • If you don’t know the Apprentice Riding skill on a new character you will be able to summon your Chauffeur
  • Finally If you are mounted already it will dismount you

#showtooltip
/use [nocombat,nomounted,mod:shift] Soar; [swimming,nocombat,nomounted,mod:alt] {Aquatic Mount}; [nocombat,nomounted,mod:ctrl] {Ground Mount}; [flyable,nocombat,nomounted,mod:alt] {Normal Flying Mount}; [advflyable,nocombat,nomounted] {Dragonriding Mount}; [noadvflyable,flyable,nocombat,nomounted] {Normal Flying Mount}; [nocombat,noflyable,outdoors,nomounted] {Ground Mount}; [nocombat,noflyable,indoors,nomounted] {Ground Mount}; [noknown:33389,nocombat,nomounted] Summon Chauffeur
/dismount [mounted]

Optimized (242 chars)

#showtooltip
/use [mod:shift] Soar; [nomod,noknown:33389] Summon Chauffeur; [mod:alt,swimming] {Aquatic Mount}; [nomod,advflyable] {Dragonriding Mount}; [mod:alt] [nomod:ctrl,flyable] {Normal Flying Mount}; {Ground Mount}
/dismount [mounted]

If you want to make it so it never tries to switch mounts when dismounting you can rearrange it to this (263)

#showtooltip
/dismount [mounted]
/stopmacro [mounted]
/use [mod:shift] Soar; [nomod,noknown:33389] Summon Chauffeur; [mod:alt,swimming] {Aquatic Mount}; [nomod,advflyable] {Dragonriding Mount}; [mod:alt] [nomod:ctrl,flyable] {Normal Flying Mount}; {Ground Mount}

Also, Chauffeur really only applies for part of the Dracthyr starting zone so you can easily strip that to save 40 chars. You can also strip another 11 of white space (and obviously mount names will affect length).

Hey thanks for optimizing it. I’m assuming having nomod on all of them that don’t specifically take a mod, and nomod:ctrl on the {Normal Flying Mount} is the same thing as me specifying the mod:ctrl {Ground Mount} ?

Yeah, essentially.

This might be a better version:

#showtooltip Soar
/dismount [mounted]
/stopmacro [mounted]
/cast [nocombat,advflyable] Soar;
/run C_MountJournal.SummonByID(0)

That will:

1. Soar if it’s available;
  2. Dismount and mount accordingly;
  3. Use any other mounts if Soar is not available or is on cd;