Full moon out again...LET'S TALK!

Hmm i’m not sure I agree with this lol. I am 50 and in better shape physically now then ten years ago and everything really is better for me.

1 Like

Corona with a lime in it is probably the least offensive beer. Heineken is good too. Don’t do an IPA until you’ve decided beer is your thing… they are bitter and harsh and I have no clue how people drink them.

1 Like

I don’t like drinking because it tastes bad, man. I seriously cannot understand that by people like it. Maybe they like being drunk, but seriously? Is that it? Not worth the taste, imo.

When I Do drink alcohol of any kind I always go for the mixed drinks. Long Island Iced Tea, mudslide, you get the picture.

Though I have enjoyed a nice schnapps. I worked graveyard shift and sometimes I just couldn’t sleep after getting off work. So I’d fill a nice sized glass, half sprite half blueberry schnapps. Drank the glass over the course of an hour, helped me mellow out enough so I could get a proper “night” of sleep.

Two months later the bottle of schnapps was still half full.

I can understand that. Straight beer, ugh. Can’t stand the taste. A good mixed drink however can be nice. In moderation.

That’s the key to things. Moderation. Especially alcohol, which loves to throw moderation out the window. Last time I drank was for my birthday.

I got one of those packages from the grocery freezer. Just open the package, pour into a glass and enjoy. It was a Mudslide. Enjoyed the package for my birthday. It was enough for a single large glass.

Moderation is the key to enjoying a good drink.

1 Like

It’s winter here and the nights are chilly but clear. I was reading in my living room with the blinds open and the moonlight coming through was like a huge white lantern and I thought, Elune be praised :grin:

Then I made myself a hot chocolate and turned my warming blankee up higher…Brrr…

:upside_down_face:

I turned 21 in Spain on a semester abroad. Funny thing is you can drink booze there at 18…and at McDonald’s.

And showing my age, we were using pesetas and euros for a bit then

My college buddies stayed drunk the whole semester. Although I do miss their version of Sangria 20% alcohol lol.

Way to stay optimistic :smiley:

Good thing we are legal to drink beer at 18 in Costa Rica.

I hated it the first time I tried it, when I was 14 :sweat_smile:

I don’t mind Sangria, but … 20% alcohol Sangria? A nono for me. Alcoholism IS in my family.

Grandfather was an alcoholic, many of my aunts and uncles were alcoholics, my father somehow avoided it. So of course I’m not going to take chances. As such, I’m Very Careful about any drinking that I do.

Well since we are talking about beer I recommend a good Belgian Whit.

Leffe’,Paulaner,Duvel… hard to find sometimes.

If you go to a bar try a blue moon with orange.

Buck moon and Mercury in retrograde. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Well, like I said, I only drank it when I had problems sleeping after a night at work that left me wired. I did enjoy the flavor, but Alcoholism IS in the family. So … gotta be careful.

Back in the day, it was a way of storing grain, fruit, what have you. Fermentation turned it into something you could still get calories out of, and get a bit of hydration at the same time.

But yeah, I agree that it’s an acquired taste, and it’s one that I never bothered to acquire myself.

Have to be careful around triple sec margaritas. Highly addictive stuff.

Beer tastes gross, best to just “inhale” it. Mixed drinks however are wonderful, get yourself a long island iced tea, it’s strong but it’s like drinking a gatorade flavor wise. Or get a Kraker Barrel which is Kraken + Dr. Pepper, it’ll taste curious and Kraken is 98 proof but it’s really smooth (won’t taste like you’re drinking gasoline), Jack Daniels will kick you in the mouth and burn all the way down lol.Burnetts Vodka is good, any flavor, it’s cheap ($15/750ml) 75 proof and smooth, Captain Morgans Black 100 (proof) is good as well.

Think I was like 6 or something when I had my first drink but it was an accident. Mom had put a gin and orange juice in a cup in the fridge and I saw it and took a sip :rofl: a little while later she was like … did you drink this there’s alcohol in it?

Happy Birthday! :smile:

Oh, and Bailey’s coffee > beer.

Or Kahlua coffee. Or a mudslide.

…stuff like that.

Just sayin’.

Happy Birthday…Hope your 21st is better than mine!

I spent my 21st in US Navy boot camp😢

There is a lounge thread. This has nothing to do with wow… Yet you are breaking the CoC.

It is story time. So my cable has the following channel line up of channel 48 Cartoon network, channel 49 History, channel 50 Sci-Fi. I was watching my niece a long time ago and she was flipping between cartoon and sci-fi and the stopped because history was showing a nature show and it had lion cubs on it, she loved the Lion King so she of course stopped to watch them. Right then the narrator says “The cubs watch on fearful as the young lion drives their father away, but their fates are sealed” and then shows the young male lion killing the cubs. She spent the entire rest of the night bawling and asking why they didn’t just run away to live with the Timon and Pumbaa. I was like “Wow what a jerk move History Channel”.