Frostbrood proto-wyr

So i finished the dk story intro all the way to stormwind and when logging back into retail i never received the mount? I have every filter in collections checked and no gift box has popped up in order for me to claim the mount. Any help please?

1 Like

Did you finish the quest with Varian? Err… or whoever was the faction leader back then?

1 Like

People are reporting it on wowhead aswell and appears that blizzard disabled the reward sooner than expected. Hopefully they re-enable it as they announced we would have until November 28 to get it.

3 Likes

Oh dang i hope they end up re enabling it that would suck lol thank you very much

1 Like

Yeah man, just kind of lame how they don’t check these things.
Comments talking about it:

Blizzards announcement:

Complete the Death Knight starting experience in Wrath of the Lich King Classic before the release of Dragonflight on November 28 and get a Frostbrood Proto-Wyrm mount in World of Warcraft.

I’m honestly not sure what they did during this 12 hour maint session other than break everything.

2 Likes

Play classic wrath

Create a DK

play the main story for them

Hit either capital and turn in the final quest and bam you get the mount.

They know how it works, it just doesn’t work right now. It literally doesn’t give it at the moment as blizzard ended the promotion with the patch today. Linked sources with others claiming the same thing and posts on blizzards post that mention it. They pulled yet another small indie company move.

November 28 is the final day

1 Like

That’s what was reported. If it’s not working at the moment, it’s probably a patch day bug. I wouldn’t be worried.

We know the final day, repeating the steps to doing it and the cut off day doesn’t unbug it. He just has to wait and hope blizz fixes it.

1 Like

same issue here, I took care of the dk starter zone all the way up to speaking with thrall during the downtime, servers came back up and nada on the mount.

Hopefully it actually gets fixed and not just quietly ignored.

Currently modern has a lot of issue after 10.0 went live. Even when they took the game offline for 12 hours. But since they know about the bugs and stuff it will be fixed in time (I hope)

1 Like

May i add you? Lol you seem like someone who uses the thing called a brain haha

People that completed the DK quest chain and then went to their faction’s capital during or after the patch on 10/25/22 are not getting their mounts.
I happen to be one of those people.
My partner finished the quest chain on the 10/23/22 and got the mount.

Had no clue that was a thing. I guess I have a mount in Retail now.

1 Like