Frost sucks beyond suck on Sire Denathrius

The author assumes this. He actually has no way to tell if the Frost mages are rerolled from former Night Fae mages or have just scaled now that the buffs are in.

Certain fights don’t favor Frost’s kit in later CN. Sludge stands out more than Sire does tbh, and if your group has enough DPS to bring him down, then they have enough DPS to bring down Sire. That said, Frost mages have killed mythic bosses up to SLG (where they do exceptionally well).

I challenge you to read your statement to see how stupid it sounds. Redesign an entire spec for 1 fight in the first raid tier of the expansion sure sounds like some baby rage to me.

I did, and I invite you to do the same. On all the fights. And make sure you also check how many times a Frost mage blocks in that fight to help the group out. It isn’t all about pumping numbers. And asking to redesign a spec over 1 fight is the biggest babyrage I’ve ever seen.

Now you’re deliberately trying to act stupid. Arcane Bombardment is Arcane’s best legendary on any cleave/AoE situation and even better than Temporal Warp when the spec cannot use TW due to the timing of lust for the rest of the group.

Also last I checked stuff like ToTM & AO generate charges for you, as can Artifice of the Archmage.

But to say casting Barrage is a “DPS loss” means you are either trolling or have no idea how the spec works at all. You barrage frequently when you conserve. You even Barrage right before your full burn or mini burn.

When did this thread shift to complaining about Fire though?

Masterful argumentation! /golf clap

Maybe try not to insult people so much, though? It’s not a good look.

And for the record using Barrage is absolutely a DPS loss under virtually all circumstances because of the massive ramp up that follows. With the legendary it barely breaks even unless it’s a heavy AoE fight. And on Sire specifically it offers almost no DPS where it counts i.e. phase 3. Pumping up your numbers on the adds during phase one won’t help your group one bit.

The real issue with that legendary and all powers that buff ABarr for the matter is the huge trade off you incur after using it. The damage increase would have to be 500% or even 1000% to make it worth casting every time you get four charges, even during conserve.

Meanwhile no other mage spec is forced to suffer in this way after dropping their nuke. Can you imagine if after every Hotstreaked Pyroblast or Glacial Spike the damage of Fireball and Frostbolt was decreased by 240%!? Because that’s exactly what happens to Arcane Blast every time you use ABarr at four charges. Let me tell you it doesn’t feel good. It’s bad design and that’s all there is to be said about it.

First you claimed Arcane has no execute and I told you it does. Then you pivot to saying it’s a DPS loss (which is just wrong). Then you say it takes “forever” to get back to 4 charges when Arcane has multiple ways to quickly build back charges. I listed 3, there’s another I’ll let you try and figure out for yourself.

It’s an execute and is never a DPS loss. You’re trying to weasel your way out of a mistake you made. We all make mistakes. Continually denying it is pointless. Any Arcane mage knows when/how to to Barrage and they have tools to make sure they can quickly jump back up to 4 charges if they preplan well.

Sim Arcane with and without it and you’ll see it’s not a DPS loss. It’s Arcane’s best legendary for AoE/cleave, and depending on the fight will be 1-3% behind Temporal Warp on pure ST.

You mean an execute that works at 35% or lower, when you will lust anyway, during a phase he transitions to at 40% and when you have to quickly kill him on a DPS timer before he ravages 3 times? Gotcha.

1 Like

/10characters

@Leimon
Strong language aside, I do appreciate you continue to follow up on this discussion:)

A few final words before I am done here:

In CN and mythic+ dungeons, the situation is there are a few almost universally top dps specs, while there are specs that can only do OK or better in selected fights, and some specs are just very much unfit for a few fights. So we have those almost perfect specs, and we have those sometimes ok / sometime trash specs. The imbalance here is undeniable and the gap in specific fights - not only the gap in damage numbers, but also gap in game experience - is overly wide. In a broader sense, Sire Denathrius fight is just one example. The overall trend of raiding and mythic + requires more and more mobility. And I think this is more likely than not to continue or even increase. And at the meantime, we see different classes and specs have gotten various degrees of improvement in mobility, which results in difference in viability, progression speed and gaming experience.
Sure, we can argue practice matters, so does skill and mentality. We can also argue classes and specs are at the end of the day personal choices. However, when we know that our favorite class or spec is so much weaker that sometimes it becomes invalid, even after fixes, we can either be OK and try to get as much joy as we can from playing it, or we can try to push things to be better. Class tuning is a process of moving balance which requires trying different approaches. Mechanics re-design may fix things that simple damage buff can’t fix, and furthermore, provide room for growth and confidence to players when trying to adapt to the overall trend of the game design. No one can guarantee the effects of mechanics changes. When I make this suggestion, I understand both the upside and downside risks. Yet, isn’t it better to do something for improvement rather than assuming the current status is already the best we can get?

Peace.

1 Like

Not sure if this fits but, when they go low, we go high.

1 Like

“I’ve been proven wrong and my entire argument which was based on my feelings of rage has been dismantled so I’m going to pull at straws and call out his level”

Sidenote: I see you still haven’t figured out the 4th way Arcane builds up charges quickly, so thank you for showcasing your pseudo-intelligence on how a spec works to everyone.

Actually, this is an EXTREMELY good point and the rest of your post is correct with regards to mythic+

Mythic+ scales with more difficulty than mythic CN does, especially because its in-dungeon drop is atrocious in ilvl and it HEAVILY favors some specs over others for ALL keys.

Frost is in a very wonky situation in keys where once you get past +18 and +19 (especially on Tyranical affixes), Fire completely begins to eclipse it. It eclipses it even more on well organized groups that can pull additional mobs with cooldown coordination.

But, my entire reason for posting to you initially was, saying Frost needs help because of ONE fight in a raid tier is absolutely wrong. In terms of just numbers, Frost outpaces Fire on patchwork sims right now. It does need some fixes (I’ve suggested these too), but saying a 12% buff doesn’t feel enough because of what Frost does on Sire is a poor argument, much like saying doubling blocking “is not enough”

I could easily turn it around on the healer argument on Holy vs Disc on M. Hungering (a point you looked over because it proved the initial folly of your post).

Good day to you too. I apologize if it came across as mean.