Frost pet question

Question: is the pet ghoul for frost temporary?

It doesn’t say on the post, but I saw a video and the guy said it lasts 1 minute on alpha

Yes. The ability they’re bringing back was a temporary ghoul.

2 min CD, 1 min duration atm.

2 Likes

Yep, just a little DPS boost CD. I will say I had a fun tanky/2h frost/pet build in early wrath. Resistance aura, 2h obliterate crits, HB, and a pet.

so what if for blood n frost the pet was perm and had a bar where it only had a stay, go there, stay, and attack.

while unholy had improved ghoul with the special attacks part of the bar

Rather not have a permanent pet that adds literally nothing but 2% dps. Unholy can remain the pet spec and blood/frost can use temporary pet summons etc.

9 Likes

Well if not perm I would like the basic pet bar so I can control him then send him out to explode

I would rather not, i want 99% of the specs focus to be on the DK, itself. The pet should be uncontrollable and temporary as to just add some undeath flavor to the spec.

But, thats just my opinion. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Agreed, one of the reasons I play frost is that I don’t enjoy micromanaging a pet. I wouldn’t complain if they have a talent that improves the ghoul for blood/frost in some way as then I wouldn’t have to use it, but definitely nothing baseline.

3 Likes

For those that do want the g pet Control undead to be used on it. That way you get a 5 min pet with a bar.

Blood could use a ability or talent that makes it have an armor rating. A tank with a squishy pet is odd ya.

Personally the reason I don’t like frost is there is no pet to micromanage. If I could talent into a permanent pet for Frost it would make me enjoy the class, and Frost, a lot more.

Sounds like a consensus then! A talented option to give everyone what they want.

1 Like

I feel the exact opposite way about Unholy. I hate micromanagement, and if they gave a talent to allow the ability to play without a perma-pet, I would actually like the spec quite a bit. I dont mind the temporary pets which spawn within combat that unholy has from Apocalypse or Army of the Damned, I just despise a perma-pet that I have to micro to max my DPS. Makes me feel like a hunter or something, not a plate wearing, 2h weapon wielding melee DPS.

2 Likes

Also, personally, if they gave Frost a perma-pet that I had to micro like Unholy, that would be as much of a game breaking mechanic for Frost to me as DW was previously.

But, that is just my personal preference, I may be in the minority.

Give us the option to not have a pet as Frost please. If Frost had a pet to manage, I would never have rolled a DK in the first place. And that’s the reason why I dont play unholy as well.

We have Talents, I hope Blizzard finally use them to give those kinds of options to the players that wants them.

1 Like

I feel like the pets for blood and frost should be like treants from wod. Each specs did something different. Like frosts ghoul would last 30 second and add extra stacks of razor ice or something.